My engine stops for no reason

/ My engine stops for no reason #1  

guy gagnon

Tractor
L3800 FEL, HST, backhoe
I own a brand new Kubota L3800 and the engine stops often as soon as I get off the tractor seat. I tried everything, putting it on neutral (it's a HST), pushing the HST pedal. My Kubota dealer told me that the problem was a malfunctionning sensor and ォadjustサ it but didn't think it need to be replaced. Does anyone experienced this kind of problem on any Kubota tractor? My tractor has a FEL and a backhoe.

/ My engine stops for no reason #2  
Just a quess ... a safety switch under the seat that shuts the tractor down when you get off?

/ My engine stops for no reason
This switch detects if your on the seat or not but it's not like a garden tractor that turns the engine off when the operator get off the seat. The security reason is to prevent the oparator to be hit by something which is not the case. I think this switch doesn't work well.

/ My engine stops for no reason #4  
Can it be by passed ??

/ My engine stops for no reason #5  
Have you tried setting the parking brake before leaving the seat?

/ My engine stops for no reason #6  
This switch detects if your on the seat or not but it's not like a garden tractor that turns the engine off when the operator get off the seat.

Well, yes it is just like a garden tractor if it works like most tractors. I suggest setting the parking brake with the transmission in neutral just as SandburRanch suggested.

No but I will. Dealer told me that it was not related but hey.. these guys are not perfect... Thanks

/ My engine stops for no reason #8  
The seat safety switch only kills the engine when the PTO is engaged. Is the PTO off? That might be the sensor that needs to be adjusted.

There are no safety switch for the parking brake.

If the PTO needs to be used when you want to get off the tractor, you have 2 seconds to tilt the seat forward onto the steering wheel.

/ My engine stops for no reason #9  
The seat safety switch only kills the engine when the PTO is engaged. Is the PTO off? That might be the sensor that needs to be adjusted.

There are no safety switch for the parking brake.

If the PTO needs to be used when you want to get off the tractor, you have 2 seconds to tilt the seat forward onto the steering wheel.

I think you nailed it--I had the same problem with my 2005 Kubota B7510HST and it was caused by the pto shift being away from the OFF position a slight amount. Just had to push the shift lever to full OFF and the glitch cleared immediately.

Thanks Teg. The PTO was supposed to be off but I will double check. What about the use of the backhoe? Do I have 2 seconds also to tilt the seat?