1) Turn off rear PTO
2) turn off mid-pto (if equipped)
3) depress clutch fully
4) if hydro-trans -- make sure the peddle is not touched
5) sit in the middle of the seat so the butt checker senses you
6) put gear trans into N
7) put powershift to N

Some tractor's ignitions have a starter lock out function. You have to turn the
key fully off to try bumping the starter over again.

If the machine is cranking over, but not firing, it could be the fuel cut off (marked STOP) is pulled. We are all assuming that you have moved the throttle to the middle rpm position, but have you checked that the throttle linkage has not come off?

If there is no cranking at all and all the interlink safety BS is working correctly, is the battery charged? Fully? Are the cables tight? At the battery AND at the starter?

/ Dont know how to start #14  
unfortunately that's how alot of threads end on advice boards, we never know if the OP gets the help he needs or got his machine going.

hope he posts back.

soundguy

/ Dont know how to start #15  
unfortunately that's how alot of threads end on advice boards, we never know if the OP gets the help he needs or got his machine going.

hope he posts back.

soundguy

Its human nature, I see it all the time. One of the things I do at work (even tho it is not in my job description) is give advice to Technicians in our company on how to program, install, and troubleshoot telephone systems. Since I have 32 years of telephony experience, with 21 in the field as a Technician, I can fix a few things sometimes. When given advice to go try X,Y and Z they never call back to let me know what if anything fixed the problem, so I never get any feedback to know if my advice was any good or not. If I request a callback in our initial conversation, some will call back, but not all. Part of it is they are busy, but I think a lot of it is they do not understand we need feedback on our advice to know if we are giving good advice or not, and to sharpen and refine our advice. They think we are "all seeing all knowing" and cannot fathom we may be just 'giving it our best shot" and may not actually have all the answers all the time. my 2 cents

James K0UA

/ Dont know how to start #16  
yep.. same deal here. it's like a which way book. and we need the results of the tests they tried to figure out the next step, if any..

soundguy

/ Dont know how to start #17  
Telephony? I had one year of telereal experience with Pacific Tel & Tel about a lifetime ago.