Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Iseki ts1610

Default Dont know how to start

Hi I have just got myself a iseki ts1610 and the old owner did not know how to start it ie press this turn that and so on any ideas

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: Dont know how to start

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4 View Post
    Hi I have just got myself a iseki ts1610 and the old owner did not know how to start it ie press this turn that and so on any ideas
    Wow! That must be a low-hour tractor!

Seriously, most tractors are started by having the transmission in neutral while sitting in the operator's seat. The seat probably has a safety switch unless it has been bypassed. If you have a fuel shutoff lever, pull it to the operate position and then turn the key on to the glowplug preheat position and then fully to the starting position. That should get things going. I don't know the specifics of your tractor so I'm making a few guesses. Someone with Iseki experience can surely do a better job than me.
    Jim

Tractor
    Case 1194, Ford 641, NH TT75A

Yes, most new equipment is loaded with safety switches. I found myself in the embarrassing position a little while ago of having a tractor delivered by private carrier, and I couldn't figure out to start it to get it off the trailer! Being in the dark during a rainstorm didn't help. Turns out it needs the PTO to be off, the brakes set/pressed, the clutch depressed, both main and aux transmissions in neutral, and the someone's butt in the seat. Pretty annoying...

So when you say you can't get it started, does it crank but not fire, or not crank at all?
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Case 1194, NH TT75A, Ford 600, Bobcat A300, balers, rakes, mowers, tedders, spreaders and lots of other toys as well...

- Jim

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Quote Originally Posted by BeeferMan View Post
    Yes, most new equipment is loaded with safety switches. I found myself in the embarrassing position a little while ago of having a tractor delivered by private carrier, and I couldn't figure out to start it to get it off the trailer! Being in the dark during a rainstorm didn't help. Turns out it needs the PTO to be off, the brakes set/pressed, the clutch depressed, both main and aux transmissions in neutral, and the someone's butt in the seat. Pretty annoying...

So when you say you can't get it started, does it crank but not fire, or not crank at all?
    Try all that except, Push in the fuel cut off rod, and make sure the high low lever is in neutral?
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Just wondering, you bought it without knowing if it even runs?
    You may need to check if the battery is still charged, it could be dead, before you do a whole bunch of other things.
    We have no idea on how long since it was last started.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Quote Originally Posted by BeeferMan View Post
    Pretty annoying...
    It's so comforting to know we are being protected from ourselves (as defined by lawyers who are, in reality, preemptively protecting corporations from us).

Are we safe yet?
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

every time I see a warning lable.. I just know, that somebody, somewhere did the thing they warn agains. like using a push lawnmower as a hedge clipper.. etc...

soundguy

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    every time I see a warning lable.. I just know, that somebody, somewhere did the thing they warn agains. like using a push lawnmower as a hedge clipper.. etc...

soundguy
    I suppose once is enough to add another safety interlock, or federal regulation. How many ways can we race to the bottom (for someone's bottom line)?
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

I have had a 1610 and an 1810 and don't remember anything to it other than giving it a little throttle, pushing in the clutch and turning the key.....don't recall any other safety switches other than the clutch but it has been years now since owning them so it's possible there's something I'm forgetting.
    Darryl

Tractor
    Sold the farm, sold the tractors, moved back to the city

If the transmission has a high/low shift lever, that lever generally has a neutral position. There could be an interlock switch that requires that shift lever to be in the neutral position in order for the start switch to work and get juice to the starter motor. My 1964 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel is set up that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast