Am I a Fuss? (A rant)

/ Am I a Fuss? (A rant) #1  

hosspuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened 310C, F915,102, 5200 & 5065E
Took my dually truck to have the tires rotated. (another story of why) Any way, The dealer service remounted one of the outer duals so the tire air valve of the inner dual is blocked.
I hate taking my stuff to be serviced... Expensive and mostly leaves something to be desired.

Either I redo the job or take it back incurring time and travel..

What's your story ?

/ Am I a Fuss? (A rant) #2  
At minimum a phone call and the agreement for them to do the next rotation on the house. They need to know their guy is doing it wrong, cause he needs to be taught correctly. Low air pressure on the inner tire on the road would cause you a lot of headaches, good catch.
David from jax

/ Am I a Fuss? (A rant) #3  
Same thing happened to me when I brought my Ram 3500 in for a brake job. I had valve stem extenders on the dual rears but I took them off before I brought it in so he wouldn't have to mess with them. Dumb me. :mur:

/ Am I a Fuss? (A rant) #4  
Took my dually truck to have the tires rotated. (another story of why) Any way, The dealer service remounted one of the outer duals so the tire air valve of the inner dual is blocked.
I hate taking my stuff to be serviced... Expensive and mostly leaves something to be desired.

Either I redo the job or take it back incurring time and travel..

What's your story ?

That happened to me but I caught it right away and had them change them. They didn't mind but if I had to take it all the way back with another appointment, I would probably just forget it until next time.

/ Am I a Fuss? (A rant) #5  
Another reason I am done with duals on my truck and especially trailers. Pain in the butt.

Chris

/ Am I a Fuss? (A rant) #6  
Or taking your truck in for new tires and the tech snaps a stud and makes the other one so tight the lug holes are deformed.

I have always rotated my tires and use a torque wrench on the lug nuts... one gorilla with an air impact set loose can do a lot of damage...

/ Am I a Fuss? (A rant) #7  
I make sure on my freightliner the valves stems are in opposite holes 180 degrees from each other. They have been good so far. They always torque my wheels with a torque stick. The wheels are hub piloted,so torque is important. plowking