Dirt Moving ehydrostopping

/ ehydrostopping #1  

dynad95

Tractor
john deere 4310
I have a john deere 2006 4310 ehydro w/750 hours. While doing grading work the tractor will abrubtly stop while I still have my foot on the pedal when I release the pedal then depress it again it will move again. This condition has just started and wondering if someone else has experienced this condition. I have plenty of fluid but wondering if I might have a filter blocking or something else is going wrong. Anybody have a clue??

/ ehydrostopping #2  
I would check the seat switch, it is problably going intermittent on you. You could engage your pto and see if it is stopped when the problem occurs next time. If the pto also stops I would really consider the seat switch is bad.

/ ehydrostopping #3  
Hmmmm...wouldn't seat-switch (operator presence) malfunction cause the engine to stop ...not the hydro ...unless I misread the OP, it's forward motion, not engine that stops ...then starts again when go-pedal is eased off and then pushed again ...

/ ehydrostopping #4  
If you even "bump" the reverse pedal it will do that

/ ehydrostopping #5  
Hmmmm...wouldn't seat-switch (operator presence) malfunction cause the engine to stop ...not the hydro ...unless I misread the OP, it's forward motion, not engine that stops ...then starts again when go-pedal is eased off and then pushed again ...

With an ehydro the tractor will cease moving if you raise up out of the seat, the engine will remain running. If you have the pto on I suspect it will stop the engine or atleast disengage the pto, haven't actually tried the latter.

I agree with touching the pedals simutaneously will cease any drive motion too. You have to release the pedals for the controls to reset, takes less than a second for this.

/ ehydrostopping
Good Feedback, appreciate

/ ehydrostopping #7  
The forward direction is controlled by a potentiometer. It is a variable resistor that uses a 5 volt reference to tell the tractor how fast you want it to move by how much of the 5v is able to get through the potentiometer. If the potentiometer has a bad spot in it that lets 0v through the tractor will stop. That said, there have been no failures of them posted here in the last 4 yrs. Something else is likely the cause.

/ ehydrostopping
Thank you, Im learning more about my tractor all the time, thanks to folks like you and this forum.