Help need to remove PTO out of Kubota L245DT

/ Help need to remove PTO out of Kubota L245DT #1  

2458n

Veteran Member
I have removed four bolts on the back of tractor that covers the Pto shaft. Tried to use slide hammer to pull PTO from tractor. Called dealer who sold me the seals but this tractor was to old for any of their people to have worked on. Has anyone removed a PTO shaft from a older Kubota?

/ Help need to remove PTO out of Kubota L245DT #2  
I would think there is a clip on the shaft also. There is a online manuals that you can get to see a exploded view of that machine. It isn't that old that their mechanics can't figure it out or tell you how to do it. You might call another Kubota shop.

/ Help need to remove PTO out of Kubota L245DT
Thank you treemonkey ! There is a snap ring shown on the parts diagram, but it is shown holding a bearing in place that should come out with the rear flange. On a ford this simply pulls out of the tractor. Had a parts manager and young mechanic I talked with yesterday no luck. Called West Kentucky Tractor parts and they thought it should be a five minute job. Remove four bolts and pull out. Anyone know a helpful dealership? Thanks to all that have taken time to read this post.

/ Help need to remove PTO out of Kubota L245DT #4  
Where are you located that might help some of the locals give you names.

Service Man Vic returned a call that I had placed to him. He is in AB Canada, While I am from Dayton Ohio. The pto shaft is held in the front by a washer and a nut. Other tractors (depending on serial number) use a washer and a roll pin. Spent part of the day dealing with a different dealership and service manager getting a kind of maybe sort of idea about splitting the tractor or going in thru the top underneath the seat. Was prepared to split the tractor first thing in the morning. The seal I ruined with the too long pto shaft is apparently supposed to be driven over the pto from the outside. The housing for this seal may be to damaged for it to seat properly. Will post sucess or failure tomorrow. Moral of story - if the pto shaft is to long do NOT use it until you cut both sides down.

Spent the day working removing top off tractor to expose rear gears. Removed front loader to drop front wheel drive shaft. Had to do this to split the tractor. Not much fun and still do not have pto out of tractor. The three speed pto and power steering have made it more difficult. I can only imagine the bill at a dealership. They may well be smarter though resulting in less work.

Finished replacing pto shaft seal, two days of work. Had friends help as well as the usual comments. Had to line up three splined shafts at once when putting the two tractor halfs back together. Straight forward- just could have all been avoided.

/ Help need to remove PTO out of Kubota L245DT #8  
Thanks for the update. Glad you got it back together.