Lever identification on Ford 850

/ Lever identification on Ford 850 #1  

thawman

Tractor
Ford 850
I have a Ford 850 tractor that has a lever on it that I can not figure out what it is for. It is located on the right side of the gear case up near the top just under the seat. It is about 3-4" long and the end is flattened like it is intended to be pushed over easy with your fingers. It has two positions only.

There is a longer lever near the bottom by the oil cap that I believe is to engage the PTO.

Anyone know what this small lever is for?

Thanks in advance!!

/ Lever identification on Ford 850 #2  
I have a Ford 850 tractor that has a lever on it that I can not figure out what it is for. It is located on the right side of the gear case up near the top just under the seat. It is about 3-4" long and the end is flattened like it is intended to be pushed over easy with your fingers. It has two positions only.

There is a longer lever near the bottom by the oil cap that I believe is to engage the PTO.

Anyone know what this small lever is for?

Thanks in advance!!

850's I'm not all that familiar with, but it sounds like the load/draft control lever found on other Fords....I'm sure RickB or SouNdguy will be along at some point. They're the in-house Ford go to guys....

/ Lever identification on Ford 850 #3  
I also believe that is where the draft control lever is located:thumbsup:

Two positions only, 90 degrees appart. UP and the lever is vertical, other position is horizontal.

And the PTO engage you refer to, is it on the same side??? Becasue the PTO lever should be on the opposite side.

/ Lever identification on Ford 850 #4  
Yep FWJ nailed it. it's the draft control lever. Up, ( horizontal ) is for position control.

mowing.. etc.

down for draft.. plows.. etc..

soundguy