Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    New Holland TC45D

Default Tractor Anecdotes

Ah, spring. That time when a TBNer's fancy turns towards...ripping up the yard to fix it.

I had not started my tractor in 3 weeks and had last run it on a very cold day. I had filled the fuel tank before I had shut it down. On the first warm day we had, about 55, I wanted to get the tractor out. I was surprised to find a puddle of fuel under it. A cursory inspection showed the fuel leaked from the cap on the tank. Of Course! I had filled it FULL in cold weather and the fuel expanding overflowed the tank. Needless to say after an hour of hard work the tank was not so full anymore.

Due to mud near my shed I left the tractor out for a night. The next morning was very foggy and when I went to start the tractor up I found the seat wet. After wiping it off with the sleeve of my jacket I smelled something funny...our cats like to sit on the tractor seat and apparently one of them had marked its territory! Needless to say I used about 1/2 a bottle of Armour All cleaner on the seat.

While I was working on "spring cleaning," I used Armour All on the side consoles and the seat to keep them shiny. It works just as well as in a car and the plastic trim and seat looked better than new when I was done (and smelled better too!).

JT

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.

Default Re: Tractor Anecdotes

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( After wiping it off with the sleeve of my jacket I smelled something funny...our cats like to sit on the tractor seat and apparently one of them had marked its territory! JT )</font>

Words cannot describe how mad I would be if that ever happened to me! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Are your cats "fixed"? I was told they won't mark their territory anymore after that. Don't know if it's true though.

I always flip the seat up, even when it's in the garage in case one of the cats manages to get in there (even though they are not allowed in there and should know it by now).

Tractor
    Kubota L4610, BX2230

Minor point of order... "fixing" a cat doesn't always eliminate the territory marking... we have living proof. If cat is feral, or near to it, the marking instinct can be strong.

P.S. Anybody want a nice cat?

Tractor
    Deere 4310 HST MFWD

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( While I was working on "spring cleaning," I used Armour All on the side consoles and the seat to keep them shiny )</font>

Ok, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but that shiny stuff really bit me once.
    The wife had a '68 Cutlass ragtop, that looked kinda dingy, I cleanes it up real good and slathered it with ArmourAll Nice and shiny. I commented to the shop that replaced that top a short time later, that it seemed almost as if the Armouall made it fall apart. They said, Yup, nothing sells more plastic than good ole' armourall. seems the shiny magnifies the sun's affects on the plasticisers. Maybe things have changed.

Funny story!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7300; JD LX233

I've heard the same thing about ArmorAll. I used to use it but haven't for my past two cars. Neither one suffered - no cracked plastic.

There's such a thing as a nice cat? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

(Just kidding - we have two. BTW, both fixed, but one of them is a serial "sprayer". His favorite spot is around the fireplace - we go through more wood carriers that way...)

No funny tractor stories yet this year, but do you wanna hear what I found all over the engine of my '63 Chevy that had been parked in the pasture all winter (hint - has something to do with rodents [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

My NH 1920 stayed parked in the barn most of this winter.. when i got it ready for the summer, I found a rat nest of leages under the hood.. seems it was so cold that the cat stayed in the other side of the barn where the grain is stored.. and wasn't 'protecting' the tractors...

Soundguy

Tractor
    Deere 4310 HST MFWD

WINTER! What do you call WINTER? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> WINTER! What do you call WINTER? </font>

Well...not to speak for Soundguy...but seein' that he is in central Florida...I would guess the answer:

Late Spring! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I considder winter the small amount of time in late december and early january when we actually have to cover up things outside if you don't want them to freeze.

I think we got about 6 freezes this 'winter'.

Soundguy

Isn't that how we get frozen orange juice? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast