Turning blue......

/ Turning blue...... #11  
Congratulations on all the Blue. Got a feeling one of those units will be sold to replenish the "toy fund". Pretty good odds. :)

I long sometimes for something painted that color, from circa 1987-85 in the 20 hp range. If you'd care to make a suggestion on what to look for and/or avoid, I'm all ears.

/ Turning blue...... #12  
Farmwithjunk said:
There's plenty of mowing right here at home.....;)

We're ramping up the farming next season. I'll be spending a lot of time with that, but mostly, hanging out with the Mrs. She's retiring soon. We want to do some traveling. My health is going to h@ll.....Too many irons in the fire. Time to start slowing down I suppose.

Probably just need to slow down. Maybe mowing business related stress??

You busier now than when you farmed in your younger days??

If you don't have anything to do when you retire, don't!! Maybe slow down a little. :)

/ Turning blue......
Probably just need to slow down. Maybe mowing business related stress??

You busier now than when you farmed in your younger days??

If you don't have anything to do when you retire, don't!! Maybe slow down a little. :)

I gotta drop back and punt.....Just too much going on. I'm having problems with my shoulder, and have to have some surgery. That along with just getting tired half way through the day is telling me to take it easy. Gonna start buying/selling tractors again, and let the youngins worry about meeting deadlines and writing bids. That was the plan all along, just hard to let go of what I started.

/ Turning blue......
Congratulations on all the Blue. Got a feeling one of those units will be sold to replenish the "toy fund". Pretty good odds. :)

I long sometimes for something painted that color, from circa 1987-85 in the 20 hp range. If you'd care to make a suggestion on what to look for and/or avoid, I'm all ears.

You get down in that low of a horsepower range, and I'm not very familiar with them. About as low as I'll go is the 40hp range.

Yeah, I can't keep 'em ALL....One of the 3600's will get turned around, and I'm not so sure how long I'd keep the 5610. I'm wanting a 75/80hp cab tractor to do hay with.

The ONLY think you can bet on is it WON'T be a new tractor. They just don't flip my switch. I like "old school".

/ Turning blue...... #15  
Farmwithjunk said:
You get down in that low of a horsepower range, and I'm not very familiar with them. About as low as I'll go is the 40hp range.

Yeah, I can't keep 'em ALL....One of the 3600's will get turned around, and I'm not so sure how long I'd keep the 5610. I'm wanting a 75/80hp cab tractor to do hay with.

The ONLY think you can bet on is it WON'T be a new tractor. They just don't flip my switch. I like "old school".

And not being married to a dealer tech (electronics) is nice too.

/ Turning blue...... #16  
Nice buys! Those Ford tractors represent some of the finest small utility tractors made.....IMO. Now if they only had 4WD....;)

Welcome to the retirement community.....I'm not sure where I could find the time to work. :):):)

/ Turning blue...... #17  
My personal favorite will ALWAYS be my Massey Ferguson 150. No changing that. But it's been seeing too much action of late. I don't want to pile up the hours on what I HOPE will become a family heirloom. So it's about to be shuffled off to a safer home....My son has a big barn we've converted into a storage facility for our "collectibles". Dads old Ferguson F40 is there, now my 150, the wifes dads Oliver 1650, and a few old implements we want to preserve. Time to give it a rest. No doubt I'll get it out and use it now and then, but it's working days are over.

So I gotta find a suitable replacement.

Don't like "new"......No "character".....

1st of November, I'm turning over the mowing business to the kids. I'll still be involved to an extent, but the business and all the equipment is someone elses worry after that. Once that takes place, I'll be down to my Deere 4440 and the newly acquired collection of Fords.

Great story. When it rains it pours! Hope you enjoy retirement.

/ Turning blue...... #18  
Hey guys, retirement does not always mean no more work. I actually have been doing more "WORK" after I retired than I ever did working. Working for me for the last 25 years has been mostly desk work with occassionally walking around the construction jobs looking for problems. Most of the real work was done by subordinates. NOW I dont have any subordinates (wife doesnt take orders very willingly) so now all the work falls to me. I was just telling my Brother In Law (also retired) that we have to quit working 7 days a week and slow down. Today we were suppose to go fishing, but after picking up rocks all day yesterday from a winter garden spot, I was just to sore and stiff to even think about fishing. Perhaps tomorrow will be better for taking a break, at least the weather forcast has it down in the 70's tomorrow for high which sounds much better than the 92 for high today.
I dont know how FWJ keeps all those tractors running. I only have two and its hard to keep them both running at the same time.:laughing:

/ Turning blue...... #19  
Its funny how these things work out. We have been looking to expand our farm for a couple years now but all we could find is garbage ground. Now there are 5 farms up for sale that we have been interested in. I can't buy them all but at least I have options and hopefully can finalize the deal on a couple of them soon.

Congrats on the new fleet :)

/ Turning blue...... #20  
OK, FWJ. Now you have me confused. Did the "retirement" plan come up before or after buying a fleet of Fords? I mean, which caused the other? You've left us guessing whether the prospect of keeping all that blue equipment running was so daunting that you figured you'd better free up a lot of spare time.

Just yanking your chain a little... :D

Seriously, congratulations on your new purchases. Lots of us spent time on a Ford when we were younger and have a soft spot in our heart for them.... for me it was a redbelly, along with a TE-20 Fergie. And all best wishes with your retirement plans. Please take care of yourself so you can enjoy your family and your Fords.