Turning blue......

/ Turning blue...... #41  
Still no pictures.....I bought new batteries for my digital camera, then proceeded to forget where I put them. Such is life when you get old....

Anyway, looks like I'm going after yet ANOTHER tractor tomorrow. Red this time. 1982 IH 484. Good price on an exceptional tractor. I saw it while I was fetching home the 2nd 3600. Stopped and looked it over. Dang near fell over when I heard the price.

The equipment shed is taking on the look of a dealership!

I've been watching around here for a decent 484 as I fell in love with that model while using my friends to rake with. Last year we had a deal, he hooked my rake to his tractor and we both used it for haying season. Very easy tractors to operate and are comfortable for me to stay in the seat for any length of time.

/ Turning blue......
all right.. that's it.. I'm hitting craigslist tonight.. :)

They all disappeared from the Louisville KY craigslist in the past couple days, but there WERE several 900 series Fords on there. One was a jewel!

I've looked at a LOT of junkers in the last few days too. Found a Ford boneyard in Ohio. Many 3000/3600, 4000/4600,'s a few 7000/8000/9000's Not sure anything could be bought reasonable though....He had a 4000SU that looked like it had been shot at and missed, then **** at and hit....Roughest running tractor I've ever seen.....Wanted $8800 for it! Needless to say, that one is still in Ohio.

/ Turning blue......
I've been watching around here for a decent 484 as I fell in love with that model while using my friends to rake with. Last year we had a deal, he hooked my rake to his tractor and we both used it for haying season. Very easy tractors to operate and are comfortable for me to stay in the seat for any length of time.

That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear! It's gonna be a hay cuttin', hay rakin' machine next summer. It is a gem.

/ Turning blue...... #44  
My wife used to do my books....She's seen what sort of income can generated buying and selling used equipment. She actually smiles when she sees a trailer load pulling in the drive. She'll be up in the morning before I leave, have me a lunch packed for the road, may even fuel up the truck while I'm eating breakfast. She's a keeper!

I have an older friend who is like that, he goes to every auction imaginable looking for great deals on tractors and equipment and his wife is very supportive. He is usually gone from morning till evening scouring the countryside looking for deals to bring home, use if needed but always looking to resell to turn a profit. He just called me the other day to look at a couple Kubotas he bought at auction (46 and 33 hp with loaders, both less then 10 years old and in great shape). I use to buy and resell before I started needing to invest money in my own future, expanding the farm, remodeling my house, fixing up the barn.... just don't have any extra money to play around with anymore and I miss buying tractors to resell.

/ Turning blue...... #45  
i see a 600 series ford cheap cheap near me.. but I want another row crop. heck.. only have 6 or 7 of them.. figure I need more.. ;)

/ Turning blue......
How much time each week, or every day did you spend touching up your 150?? I see the point of semi retirement for it

It got a bath about 4 or 5 times a summer, followed by a touch-up on the paint. I never did much with it that was gonna scar it up.

We're calling the barn over at Jon's, "The Family Museum". We've got about a dozen pieces (inc the 150) that'll make their home there. Upper level loft has a nice wood floor where we have family get-to-gethers. Gonna sand the floor down and give it a good finish. Someday when I'm gone, Jon is going to assume the role I've taken on. One of keeping the entire family together as much as possible. The "museum" will play an important role in that.

/ Turning blue......
i see a 600 series ford cheap cheap near me.. but I want another row crop. heck.. only have 6 or 7 of them.. figure I need more.. ;)

You REALLY do need more.....Keep telling yourself that anyway....

I saw a Jube this morning that really caught my attention. Still in the hands of the original owner. (94 y.o.) Dad always adored them. One of these days I gotta add one to the collection.

/ Turning blue......
I have an older friend who is like that, he goes to every auction imaginable looking for great deals on tractors and equipment and his wife is very supportive. He is usually gone from morning till evening scouring the countryside looking for deals to bring home, use if needed but always looking to resell to turn a profit. He just called me the other day to look at a couple Kubotas he bought at auction (46 and 33 hp with loaders, both less then 10 years old and in great shape). I use to buy and resell before I started needing to invest money in my own future, expanding the farm, remodeling my house, fixing up the barn.... just don't have any extra money to play around with anymore and I miss buying tractors to resell.

In the past 5 days, I've logged over 1100 miles on my truck. Gonna put another 250 on it tomorrow. Keep this up and I gotta make money so's I can buy another truck.....

I usually don't buy ANYTHING for personal use unless there's a good potential to make money off of it by re-selling. Only new piece here in a while is the Vermeer round baler, and a new Kinze planter. They'll be the LAST new pieces for a while too.

When I started buying new equipment for the mowing business, it just about made me ill....

/ Turning blue...... #49  
When I started buying new equipment for the mowing business, it just about made me ill....

Let me guess, the Price??? Having to be married to a dealer shop for electronics??

I am guessing those insurance companies are the reason you "Had" to go new?? The trucking industry is the same way. Too bad, because the classics are the way to go, anyone can fix 'em, and anyone can afford em'.

Thankfully, the old iron is still in use, and not going away.

/ Turning blue...... #50  
You REALLY do need more.....Keep telling yourself that anyway....

I saw a Jube this morning that really caught my attention. Still in the hands of the original owner. (94 y.o.) Dad always adored them. One of these days I gotta add one to the collection.

8n and naa are cheap in this area, with 00/01 not far behind right now. just hard to find a rowcrop within a few hundred miles if not a thousand... :(