Turning blue......

/ Turning blue...... #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
My personal favorite will ALWAYS be my Massey Ferguson 150. No changing that. But it's been seeing too much action of late. I don't want to pile up the hours on what I HOPE will become a family heirloom. So it's about to be shuffled off to a safer home....My son has a big barn we've converted into a storage facility for our "collectibles". Dads old Ferguson F40 is there, now my 150, the wifes dads Oliver 1650, and a few old implements we want to preserve. Time to give it a rest. No doubt I'll get it out and use it now and then, but it's working days are over.

So I gotta find a suitable replacement.

Don't like "new"......No "character".....

The search started a while back when I bought ANOTHER MF150. Being a sucker for making a quick buck, I sold it 2 days after I got it home. It was like buying a new puppy to replace an old dog. You just can't replace something so treasured with another just like it....Just not right.

So.....Try again.

Next, I answer an add for a mint, low hour Ford 3600 (I've owned a couple 3000's, a 5000, and liked 'em) When I went to see it, I wasn't even out of the truck yet when I decided this is "THE TRACTOR". Low hours, original paint that looks like new, all the bells and whistles, AND a price low enough that I could make a few pesos if I decided later I didn't like it. Done deal! Handed the man cash and hauled it to the shop.

So I'm pulling in my driveway when I notice I'm being followed. I get out and the gentleman steps out of his truck and introduces himself. He wants to know if I'm interested in ANOTHER 3600. I give it a listen, then agree to follow him to where the tractor is at. Long story short, I bought ANOTHER 3600. Essentially the same equipment, and even LOWER hours/better condition. So we drive to the bank and I hand him cash for 3600 #2. Gonna decide which 3600 I like best and keep that one, probably sell the other....maybe.... I still have a Kelly loader that I pulled off my first 3000 when I sold the tractor. It'll bolt right on the 3600. May make one a loader tractor and keep the other also.

OK...I'm home after a busy day. The phone rings. It's a neighbor who has a very late production Ford 4000 SOS that's been babied since day one. All it's ever done is cut and rake hay. (SelectOspeeds are IDEAL for that) Full service records from a dealer, it's in better shape than most 1 or 2 year old tractors would be. I've offered to buy it from him several times. Seems now he's ready to take me up on my offer. I agree. Going after it today.

In less than 48 hours since I decided to buy the first of the Fords, I own THREE new additions, all Fords.

And yesterday afternoon, I see where I have an email from a friend of a friend who has a Ford 5610 series II that I've been after for a while. He's ready to sell. It's a "play toy"....Got a turbo kit installed, dynos at 90hp! Price is real reasonable, and I think it would look good sitting with the rest of the Blue fleet.

1st of November, I'm turning over the mowing business to the kids. I'll still be involved to an extent, but the business and all the equipment is someone elses worry after that. Once that takes place, I'll be down to my Deere 4440 and the newly acquired collection of Fords.

/ Turning blue...... #2  
At this rate in another week you will have more Fords than Soundguy :laughing:.

/ Turning blue...... #3  
Wow!!! what a story, I love happy endings :D ...but No photos :confused: are you sure you didn't just dream about doing this... :laughing: ;)

PS. Congrats on the "retirement"... :thumbsup:

/ Turning blue......
Wow!!! what a story, I love happy endings :D ...but No photos :confused: are you sure you didn't just dream about doing this... :laughing: ;)

PS. Congrats on the "retirement"... :thumbsup:

Gonna be a few photos as soon as I get the camera batteries charged.

/ Turning blue...... #6  
Wow! What luck. Pictures please! :thumbsup:

/ Turning blue...... #7  
What was after Ford 5610 series II of a friends friend ...? :confused2:

/ Turning blue...... #8  
Welcome to the blue family FWJ. :thumbsup:

/ Turning blue...... #9  
Great news Junk. More classics going to a good home.

No more mowing, just farming, right??

/ Turning blue......
Great news Junk. More classics going to a good home.

No more mowing, just farming, right??

There's plenty of mowing right here at home.....;)

We're ramping up the farming next season. I'll be spending a lot of time with that, but mostly, hanging out with the Mrs. She's retiring soon. We want to do some traveling. My health is going to h@ll.....Too many irons in the fire. Time to start slowing down I suppose.