Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Good source for canopies

Ken, when I bought my B2710 in '99 the dealer said he'd put on the unpainted diamond plate aluminum or the steel painted to match the tractor, either one insulated, for the same price of $295. I wanted the steel painted to match the tractor, but I've also seen some of the diamond plate ones, too, and while there are lots of fine canopies, I've yet to see one I liked any better than the one I had. It was made by Wells Ag Co. in Elm Mott, TX, and they sell only through dealers, but I stopped by there one day and they not only have a lot of dealers, but said if anyone else wanted one, they could ask their tractor dealer to contact Wells Ag Co. and become a dealer for them.

Bird,

Can you show a picture of your tractor with canopy? I am getting a 2910 within the next week and am wondering what canopy to look at. I haven't seen the tractor with a canopy.

There are already several pictures on the forum. One of them is here and if you go to the search function and enter "Wells Ag Company" you'll find some other discussion and pictures. It actually looked a little better before that picture was taken because it came with a heavy black vinyl molding around the edge, but after my brother scraped a tree with in once and then I scraped part of it loose on the barn, I removed it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

That's a nice looking canopy, Bird. Too bad my garage door is about 1" too short for my ROPS as it is...has to be folded to park inside. (And the tractor is the only vehicle we have that has a garage since my shop takes up the rest of the building!) So, no canopy for me, unfortunately.

I can understand that garage door problem. When I bought the B2710, I did some measuring to make sure it would go through the door into my shop. But if I'd bought any bigger (taller) tractor it would not have. And in Texas, I don't think I could stand much tractor time in the summer without a canopy. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yea, this is a "standard" garage door situation. The BX-2200 cleared it just fine, but the BX-22 has a much higher ROPS due to the hoe. Fortunately, it's a folding design! Unfortunately, you need to remember to fold it before backing into the garage at the end of the day...hee hee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12