Good source for canopies

/ Good source for canopies #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Anyone have a good source for a canopy? I want one that is lightweight, but will stand up to a gazillion tree branches. So far, I like the looks of Femco Canopies. They aren't too far away, and sell direct.

I was also wondering about installing worklights under the front/ rear edges.

/ Good source for canopies #2  
Look at the Firebird Bucktop canopy for your JD 4310. See attachment for a view of mine on my JD 4710. They are lightweight (about 30lbs) and are secured to the ROPS with 4 U-bolts. You can buy them simple and plain or souped up with radio/stereo systems. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Firebird Bucktop Canopy

...Bob

Attachments

• 246589-bucktopcanopy.jpg
    246589-bucktopcanopy.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 377
   / Good source for canopies
Looks good! I like the design, but am converned about the fiberglass, should I? The Femco is ABS.

/ Good source for canopies #4  
I got a decent diamondplate aluminum one from my NH dealer..

Soundguy

/ Good source for canopies #5  
<font color="blue">"...but am concerned about the fiberglass, should I?"</font>

This is a tough piece of fiberglass Mike. I'm real happy with it. The only damage I can see occurring is if I run the thing into a low hanging branch or something similar. Here's another attachment showing the Bucktop from a distance.

...Bob

Attachments

• 246728-4710w4in1.jpg
    246728-4710w4in1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 483
   / Good source for canopies #6  
Soundguy
Who is the manufactor of you top? I am concerned about fiberglass as well.

Thanks, Bob! I;ll vount it as a strong plus that you are pleased with yours, It sure looks like a great setup.

Thanks Soundguy! I think they look GREAT on a NH like yours, just not sure on the 4x10 Deere. But it sure is bomb proof. I am definately keeping it in mind.

BTW - great looking Jubilee, you must be a proud "dad":
Hope spring gets to ya'all soon... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Good source for canopies #9  
I've had the same top on my JD 4600 for almost three years now. I've gone through stuff higher than the top, without any damage. I'm very satisfied w/ my Firebird.

/ Good source for canopies #10  
Haven't seen the diamondplate canopies.. do you have a picture. I bought the fiberglass one when I bought my NH tractor.. busted a rear corner some backing up to hook up equipment.. plus the branches continue to pull off the edge liner.. for the $450 it cost.. 3/4 inch plywood would have kept me in the shade for a lot cheaper.