The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety

/ The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety #1  

Dr_Zinj

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
I came across this link when doing a search for PTO accidents.

It's a Powerpoint presentation by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.

'The Ten Commandments of tractor safety were developed by Kubota, and they are considered industry standard among tractor companies. John Deere, Massey Ferguson, Ford, and others all have similar tractor safety rules.'

http://wisha-training.lni.wa.gov/training/presentations/10CommTractorSafety.ppt

Last edited:
   / The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety #2  
That was well stated and informative. It would benefit everyone in the Industry to include a copy of the previous rules and info to all tractor buyers. The novice would certainly gain a lot of insight in regards to the safe operation of a farm tractor. It wouldn't even hurt any of us veterans to have a copy on hand and to review it from time to time. We all have probably been guilty of unsafe tractoring in the past. We, as human beings, have a tendency to become complacent over time, when we become more acquainted and experienced in most areas involving situations in life. I think we all, from novice to veteran, would surely rethink safety issues if we would read over that material every once in a while. Consider this: When we are teaching our children and grandchildren how to drive a tractor, just think how much our personal concerns for their safety would most definitely be reduced if we knew that they had reviewed those rules and practiced them. Just a thought.:)

/ The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety #3  
Good guide.

I suggest we add The Apocrypha:

11) Never operate while someone attractive is within sight.
12) No yammin' on the cell phone.
13) No texting your BFF.
14) ... open to suggestions ...

/ The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety #4  
well dang....I dont have powerpoint on my 'puter to view the article.Can someone copy/paste?

/ The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety #6  
Nope, Not powerpoint approved here either. Something about is it safe? So no show, but could save it?

/ The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety #7  
Nope, Not powerpoint approved here either. Something about is it safe? So no show, but could save it?
re:Fellow TBN members I just left clicked my mouse on the OP's website that he had typed in. I just did this at 6:40 pm-- about 10 minutes ago. When I did this, my PC asked me if I wanted to open this site and I clicked YES. This question appeared at the bottom of my screen. The download took approximately 30- 40 seconds. I reviewed the entire text once again. Everything went fine. Then I did a security check on my PC just to check the safety issues that you brought up. No problems were found or indicated. Be assured that our PC"S security is top line. If there were any problems, I would have been instantly alerted. I don't know what to say. It is a thread worth reviewing.

/ The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety #9  
Seems to me that you only need one commandment, "Don't do anything stupid while using this device!" :)

Come to think of it, that may be the only warning label we ever need!

/ The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety #10  
Good guide.

I suggest we add The Apocrypha:

11) Never operate while someone attractive is within sight.
12) No yammin' on the cell phone.
13) No texting your BFF.
14) ... open to suggestions ...

In my line of work #11 would be a hazard to navigation. Should be # 1:laughing: