Rails side & Track Maintence

/ Rails side & Track Maintence
Yup I know all the guys on the crew, and my warehouse guy is even better aquatinted with them.

/ Rails side & Track Maintence #22  
I agree, it is nice to see a customer keep his siding in good repair. Once you cut back the initial growth you will be good to go. Don't forget to get to know your switching crew. If you get to know the regular Conductor, and engineer, they will work with you.

I agree +1

I finally brought my tractor back home tonight, I think I need to break down and buy a car trailer. Using the semi works but it just fits on the gate. Going on is easy enough and coming off isn't to bad but the wife wasn't to impressed.:drool:

/ Rails side & Track Maintence #25  
Hey Timber, I think in an earlier thread you mentioned that you had to replace one of the switches on that line. Can you tell me what brand of switch you replaced it with?? The reason I ask is that I work for the company that was formerly known as Union Switch & Signal. Any railroader is familiar with that name, but we are now known as Ansaldo-STS. We manufacture all sorts of rail line switches, wayside signals, crossing guards, train stops, relays, wheel detectors, etc, etc. Our design group is in Pittsburgh, but the manufacturing facility is in SC. So, if you need any more of that gear, remember to buy Ansaldo!

/ Rails side & Track Maintence #26  
It dosn't sound like his industry trackage is signaled to me. "Dark Territory".

/ Rails side & Track Maintence #27  
Just watched that video you posted. Do yourself a favor and go grab a sharp chain for your saw - you'll save yourself a ton of work. I had a sore back just watching!! Looks like a lot fun keeping everything up in addition to all the work.

Do you climb into that basket when it's already raised in position, or do you have a man in it already? Was sort of thinking of something like that for myself.

Just watched that video you posted. Do yourself a favor and go grab a sharp chain for your saw - you'll save yourself a ton of work. I had a sore back just watching!! Looks like a lot fun keeping everything up in addition to all the work.

Do you climb into that basket when it's already raised in position, or do you have a man in it already? Was sort of thinking of something like that for myself.
Yes I climb through the loader into the basket. It is very easy to do at least with this tractor anyway. The saw was sharp actually but it does dull very quickly, it is only a 10 inch chain but it is also on the end of a 12 foot pole. You don't have very much leverage on the pole & you are limited to the amount of force you can apply to it. It is also difficult to get a perfect angle to cut at when you are so far below the limbs.