mow with 9n over septic field?

/ mow with 9n over septic field? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Is the weight of a 9n to much to mow over a septic field?

Thanks
Ken H.

/ mow with 9n over septic field? #3  
Factors such as depth and tank material should be considered as all cases may not be the same.

Egon

/ mow with 9n over septic field? #4  
I mow over mine as long as the grounds not mush. Wouldn't do it after a long heavy rain and when I go over the septic tank I have a flat stone over the lid so I make sure I straddle it ie so the the tire doesn't drive over the actual lid area.

/ mow with 9n over septic field? #5  
Depends, as the replies indicate, if your "field" includes the tank, if the "field" is put in correctly, and if your tank isn't steel and rusted through. I wouldn't want to find out the hard way. I won't drive over my tank even though the tank is a good four foot from the top of the ground, because it is steel, and I think about ready to fall through any day on its own. Going to fix that soon.

/ mow with 9n over septic field? #6  
I mow over mine and as far as my tank I do drive over the top of it with no problem. Now my tank is new and is a concrete one.

murph

/ mow with 9n over septic field? #7  
Your drain feild should be no problem.

As for your tank.. if it is concrete, it will hold up better than steel. I've driven over the corners of mine.. but then.. mine is fairly deep.. If you want to go the safety route.. and not drive over it.. I'm sure no one here will blame you..

If anything you could back up to it and use your rfm to 'mow' it.. thus no weight on it.

Soundguy