Ballast Front Weights?? Advice please!

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #1  

RhallVA

Hi!
I have a Kubota B2410 with a 60" Mid-Mower. I also have a Front Loader so the rear wheels are fluid filled. After mowing with the loader attached last year I am thinking I may try it w/o the FEL this year to enhance manouverability. If I operate without the FEL is it advisable to add weights to the front end? If so how much weight? Does it need to be "Kubota" weights , or are they all the same?

Thanks!
Roy in VA <font color="black"> </font>

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #2  
With a Mid mower, I doubt you'll need any weights at all.

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #3  
I would not think you would need front weights when using a MMM. Just my opinion...

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #4  
Roy, the only time you'd need front weights is when you have a heavy implement on the 3ph. (such as a heavy cutter). Actually you don't really need it then except during transport. The MMM distributes it's weight evenly on the tractor.

A lot of people leave their FEL on their tractor all the time. I elect not to, because I figure it's easier on the front end without the added weight.

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #5  
I have a B7500 and use a 60" RFM. I always mow without the loader, and the frame of the FEL provides plenty of weight.

When I use the 60" 3PH rotary mower, I mount the FEL because the rotary mower is quite heavy and hangs farther behind the tractor. Like the others said, you shouldn't need to add weight to use a MMM..................chim

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #6  
When I had a B7100, the FEL was NOT a quick attach; had to stay on all the time. If you have any rough ground to mow, the weight of the FEL that far out in front of the front wheels causes the front end to bounce up and down a bit. When I got the B2710, I always mowed without the FEL, or any other front end weights; improved visibility, shorter length for easier maneuvering, and most importantly, a more comfortable ride.

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #7  
RhallVA,
I have steep hills and remove both the front loader and weight box when I use my 60" MMM. I use a couple hundred pounds of suitcase weights on the forward weight bracket to increase my stability (decrease my nervousness ?) on the slopes. They wouldn't be necessary on the flats.
Bill

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #8  
I also have B2410 with 60" MMM. My rear tires are not loaded (fluid filled). I only use front weights when using rear implements. I bought Kubota weights (about 20 lbs each) and discovered that only 3 will fit unless you want to build a bracket to hold more. I don't imagine that brand of front weight matters, just how they hook to front of tractor.

/ Front Weights?? Advice please! #9  
Without any implements on the front or the rear and using a MMM I do not use any weights. If cutting on hilly terrain you might want to use the suitcase weights for the front wheel drive. I do cut with some steep hills on my property and the MMM has such a low center of gravity there isn't any problem. Just watch your pucker factor.

Just my 2 cents worth!