Share One Safety Tip

/ Share One Safety Tip #1  

MichKubota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2850 Hydrostatic/ Deere 5410 w/loader
Thought I would start this thread to see if anyone else has safety tip they care to share.

Here is mine - When getting off a tractor with engine running, make sure shuttle shifter is in neutral and shuttle mechanical safety interlock has shuttle LOCKED in neutral and emergency brake is ON. Don't think I need to explain why this is important but I will anyway. If shuttle interlock is not used, it is too easy to accidentally bump the shuttle shifter and shift forward or reverse when mounting or dismounting tractor. You may then possibly run yourself or someone else over with tractor.

/ Share One Safety Tip #2  
If you park your tractor on muddy ground and it freezes overnight, it's possible for you wheels to freeze to the ground. Pulling out in the forward direction can cause the tractor to flip over backwards.
So either always start out in reverse or park you tractor facing a tree or wall so you will back outand avoid a back flip.

/ Share One Safety Tip #4  
Thought I would start this thread to see if anyone else has safety tip they care to share.

Here is mine - When getting off a tractor with engine running, make sure shuttle shifter is in neutral and shuttle mechanical safety interlock has shuttle LOCKED in neutral

Whats a "shuttle mechanical safety interlock"? I don't think my L4200GST has one of those.

Safety tip: When operating near a structure, make sure no-one is in standing front of the barn, should one accidentally stuff their backhoe bucket/dipper through the front wall of the barn while backing up. That one is particularly fresh in my mind for some reason...

JayC

/ Share One Safety Tip #6  
Never operate a tractor within sight of someone to whom you are very attracted.

/ Share One Safety Tip #7  
When telling your wife you want to buy a new attachment for your tractor, be prepared to duck and do not break her the news in the kitchen where she has access to knives. :D
My safety tip of the day.

/ Share One Safety Tip #8  
Make sure everyone understands that they are not to approach you on any piece of equipment until they have made eye contact with you and you have indicated that you see them and they may come closer.

/ Share One Safety Tip #9  
heres the biggest safty tip of all,because i know a few that has done this.when getting off the tractor always make sure your britches leggs do not get hung on the clutch pedal.or youll flipp off the tractor.i know some that flipped off their tractors like that.

/ Share One Safety Tip #10  
always use 4wd and lowest gear when mowing hills - and mow up and down.