Default Tractor Advice

Hi, new to this board and to tractors in general and need some advice. I recently purchased about 5 acres and am looking for a small tractor for bushhogging and scraping a gravel road to keep it smooth. I recently found a kubota L2500 with low hours and and in good shape that I am considering. I dont want to make a purchase that I will regret later so am looking for some help.

Is this a good size tractor for what I want to do now and possibly more things in the future? It is 2 wheel drive and manual steering. How important are these things. Also has geared drive, is hydrostatic preferrable?

Any recommendations on this Kubota or other brands/models would be appreciated.

Thanks

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH2120 RTV500 Bobcat S250

Default Re: Tractor Advice

My first tractor was a Ford 1300 2wd and no power steering, and those are the main reasons I traded it in. I personally think they are very important. Brands and transmissions are personal preference items.
    Tom

Tractor
    L2800.

Depends... Some prefer gear... HST is nice and easy to drive. Price is a consideration? How fit are you? When I use a gear drive/manual steering, I'm more worn out by the end of the day...

2WD... is your land flat?

Does it have a Front End Loader? FEL... those are really handy but extra $$$.

Do plenty of reading here and you'll figure out what you need...

Price is a consideration since it is a hobby tractor. Fairly fit and cant imagine using it more than a couple of hours at a time. My land is rolling with nothing steep. No FEL.