Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun #1  

MarkF48

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2216
Why should I have all the fun driving the tractor around? I can share my toys just as well as the next guy.
Walked along with the wife while she learns how to drive and use the FEL.

Fall Cleanup - Nov. 2011 - YouTube

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun #2  
Good video and thanks for the link...

I do suggest if you're going to train her on using the tractor, advise her of the safety aspect too, since she wasn't wearing the seatbelt.

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun #4  
Good video and thanks for the link...

I do suggest if you're going to train her on using the tractor, advise her of the safety aspect too, since she wasn't wearing the seatbelt.

I can't remember the last time I wore my seatbelt. Probably because I never have. Really who wears the seatbelt especially when you're getting on and off the tractor all the time doing yard work. :confused2::confused2:

Jeff

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun #5  
I can't remember the last time I wore my seatbelt. Probably because I never have. Really who wears the seatbelt especially when you're getting on and off the tractor all the time doing yard work. :confused2::confused2:

Jeff

Actually, if the ROPS is up (and it is 95% or more of the time), I have the seat belt on...what I have to watch is I have a tendency to hook the belt even if the ROPS is folded.
Now, there are few areas of my property that aren't sloped.

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun #6  

Jeff

Me, for one.

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun
I think the ROPS scares me more than not wearing the seat belt. Wasn't paying attention, drove under some sturdy tree limbs, and forgot I had the ROPS back there. Felt for a moment like the tractor might of wanted to do a back flip :eek:. Fortunately was at a crawl and got it clutched it quick.

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun #8  
i guess im in the minorty here,as ive had my tractor a yr an i have yet to wear the seat belt.an the ROPs never have really bothered me.an im very careful in what im doing with the tractor.

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun #9  
i guess im in the minorty here,as ive had my tractor a yr an i have yet to wear the seat belt.an the ROPs never have really bothered me.an im very careful in what im doing with the tractor.

Put the ROPS down then. Either keep it up and wear a belt, or take it down and don't.
To do otherwise it so invite the ROPS to crush you in the event of a rollover.

Aaron Z

/ Drivers Ed and Sharing the Fun #10  
every1 has differant ways of doing things.im not going to willingly put me or the tractor into position to roll over or lay on its side.nor am i a hobby farmer.i know the risk everytime i fire the tractor up.its all about knowing your own limits an what you can an cant do.