REMOTES

/ REMOTES #1  

Bob77064

Elite Member
Tractor
2011 LS R3039
How important are rear remotes? Can the side remotes for the FEL be used as a front remote?

/ REMOTES #2  
Depends.....you can use the remotes to the FEL if you don't need to use the FEL. But if you plan is to use an additional hydraulic cylinder such as on a grapple.......there pretty darn inportant.

Stay Classy

/ REMOTES
Thanks for your answer bubba.

/ REMOTES #4  
When I bought Massey 231s I had 1 rear remote installed. At the time we were still cleaning up the property and was using a 4xd dump wagon quite a bit. I still use it for hauling fire wood out of the woods. I has also come in handy with chute on my snow blower.

/ REMOTES #5  
How important are rear remotes? Can the side remotes for the FEL be used as a front remote?

I have triple rear remotes on my 2008 Mahindra 5525.

DSCF0066 (Small).JPGDSCF0067 (Small).JPG

For front mounted equipment, I run a pair of 3/8" hyraulic hoses from the rear remotes forward.

/ REMOTES #7  

The setup on your Mahindra looks like a bit of home brew. Very tidy. Tell me what you have done there. At some point I would like to add a rear remote or two, but have been a bit put off by the price of the New Holland kit. I have a diverter valve on the FEL, and have been using those lines as needed.
Thanks,
Christopher

/ REMOTES #8  

The setup on your Mahindra looks like a bit of home brew. Very tidy. Tell me what you have done there. At some point I would like to add a rear remote or two, but have been a bit put off by the price of the New Holland kit. I have a diverter valve on the FEL, and have been using those lines as needed.
Thanks,
Christopher

Home brew--no way. That's a dealer installed setup ($700, installed when I bought that 2008 Mahindra 5525 new). It's his own design, not factory. The power beyond (PB) port on FEL control block is used to supply high pressure to the triple remote valve. And the spent fluid is returned to the sump via a tee in the return line.

/ REMOTES #9  
Home brew--no way. That's a dealer installed setup ($700, installed when I bought that 2008 Mahindra 5525 new). It's his own design, not factory. The power beyond (PB) port on FEL control block is used to supply high pressure to the triple remote valve. And the spent fluid is returned to the sump via a tee in the return line.

The dealer did a nice job with your setup. By home brew I was thinking ,"not factory".
I will think about how that setup might work for me. Thanks.