Ford Industrial Tractor Identification, Please Help!

/ Ford Industrial Tractor Identification, Please Help! #1  

gravinus

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a Ford Industrial tractor with a possible bad diesel 3cyl motor. I'm trying to find some specs on the tractor and can't seem to dig up anything that matches the one I'm looking at. Below is a pic and the info from the name plate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Tractor #
C725437

Model #
DD411F

Unit #
4F4B
4E3A

Transmission #
4E17B

Rear Axle #
4D26B

Attachments

• Tractor.JPG
    Tractor.JPG
    780.6 KB · Views: 2,150
   / Ford Industrial Tractor Identification, Please Help!
Thanks for the info! That looks like the beast! Would you have any idea how I could find out what options model #DD411F would have?

Thanks

/ Ford Industrial Tractor Identification, Please Help! #5  
THANKS!

Tractor #
C725437

THIS is your serial #

Model #
DD411F Not sure on the double D???

Unit #
4F4B
4E3A

Transmission #
4E17B

Rear Axle #
4D26B These last three are all date codes that tell you when the parts were made.

Where did you get that model # @. Was it on the flat behind the starter??? The link you referenced in your last post is always what I use, but the DD is throwing me for a loop.

As to the "options" you ask of, the model # will tell that, but it is just as easy to verify by looking.

Example, I dont nee a model # to tell me if it is a diesel or gas, Pto or not, 3PH or not. You can just look and see. And these options have no bearing on what motor you have either. If you have a bad motor, and are looking for a replacement/rebuild parts, there should be a # on the motor block itself.

Thanks for the reply! I haven't seen the tractor as it is a few hours away from me and I'm just trying to get an idea of its size, transmission, ect.. I really don't know anything about tractors, but I just built a home on 40 acres and could really use a machine around for culverts, firewood, plowing, ect..

The owner says it starts right up and runs good, but has a lot of white smoke when it runs. His thought is that it probably just needs a head gasket, but I am not at all familiar with these diesel engines.

I'm not sure of the name plate location, but here is the pic I was sent of it.

Thanks Again!

Ben

Attachments

• IDplate.JPG
    IDplate.JPG
    344 KB · Views: 360
   / Ford Industrial Tractor Identification, Please Help! #7  
if it is smoking bad it doesn't need a head gaskett it needs a ring job and it is a pain to do because you have to remove the loader and backhoe subframe before you can do anything

/ Ford Industrial Tractor Identification, Please Help! #8  
White smoke is either fuel being burned out of time, or coolant entering the combustion chamber..
If its fuel, it will burn your eyes and can make you sick to your stomach if you breathe in too much of it..
Green antifreeze usually has a slight sweet smell when being combusted..

Thanks for the replies guys. It does sound like it is probably coolant, and fingers crossed it is just the head gasket. It is pure white smoke and doens't have any oil smell. I guess it takes 1-2 minutes before it begins to smoke, fires right up, and has good compression.

Would you guys say there is a high likelyhood that that would be a head gasket vs a crack in the block/sleeve?

/ Ford Industrial Tractor Identification, Please Help! #10  
i would say it is very likely to have a whole in the cylinder wall