Some days you just have to improvise!

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #1  

EagleTDL

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25
Beautiful weekend for us North Abalama folks, so I thought I would get out and do some projects... Needed to put some sealant on my trailer deck, but my truck has been in the shop and didn't have a way to move the trailer. One receiver hitch + one c-clamp = way to move trailer!

Now, how to get to the underside of the deck?? Makes no sense to just coat the top, right?? BXpanded slip hook + tow rope = just enough tilt on the trailer to be able to spray underneath it and not have to lay on the ground or get in harms way!

The most fun of the day was completely demolishing a "work bench", of sorts, that I "inherited" when I bought the land next to us. It came with a shop, so the workbench was an "inherited" item, as they say. Lot's of fun to demo it with the thumb and backhoe. However, in the process, I lost a keeper pin on the thumb and didn't have a spare where it was handy. So, one sprinkler marker flag + pair of pliers = "new and improved keeper". It worked until I could get to the store and get a replacement.

Hope your weekend was a good as mine! :)

Attachments

• 2011-11-11 11.29.02_1.jpg
    2011-11-11 11.29.02_1.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 339
  • 2011-11-11 11.49.15_1.jpg
    2011-11-11 11.49.15_1.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 298
  • 2011-11-11 11.49.55_1.jpg
    2011-11-11 11.49.55_1.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 277
  • 2011-11-12 15.40.50_1.jpg
    2011-11-12 15.40.50_1.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 298
   / Some days you just have to improvise! #2  
One receiver hitch + one c-clamp = way to move trailer!
That is completely inappropriate, dangerous and flat out not very smart. You need to use 2, C-Clamps.:D I know, do it all the time.

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #3  
Necessity is the mother of invention.

/ Some days you just have to improvise!
That is completely inappropriate, dangerous and flat out not very smart. You need to use 2, C-Clamps.:D I know, do it all the time.

Noted, Sir! Will always use two in the future, thanks for the tip! ;)

Probably about a 40' tow, all in all... From the side of the shop to the front so I could get the bucket to both sides of the trailer. I will say it was interesting pushing the trailer back into it's spot without being turned around like I normally am in the truck. Had to think about it for a second or two... :eek:

Great hillbilly engineering there Eagle!:cool::thumbsup:

Hey, I resemble that remark! :laughing: From KY originally, certainly have been around some of those parts...

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #7  
Noted, Sir! Will always use two in the future, thanks for the tip! ;)

Probably about a 40' tow, all in all... From the side of the shop to the front so I could get the bucket to both sides of the trailer. I will say it was interesting pushing the trailer back into it's spot without being turned around like I normally am in the truck. Had to think about it for a second or two... :eek:
Glad I could help.:laughing:

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #8  
I have put a receiver hitch on the buckets of both tractors I have had. I have one on the back of my PTO chipper, one through the middle of my box blade, and one on the PTO buzz saw.

I have put a receiver hitch on the buckets of both tractors I have had. I have one on the back of my PTO chipper, one through the middle of my box blade, and one on the PTO buzz saw.

Got any pics?? Would be interested in seeing that setup... Thanks! :thumbsup:

/ Some days you just have to improvise! #10  
Got any pics?? Would be interested in seeing that setup... Thanks! :thumbsup:

I don't have any pics of the bucket hitches handy, but they are just welded to the back of the top of the buckets. I'll get you a view a little later.

On edit: I got shots of the bucket hitches.

bucket_hitch_001.jpg

bucket_hitch_002.jpg

Here's are shots of my chipper in action, chipping and dumping the chips, the cart hooked to the buzz saw, and to the box blade with the splitter mounted:

chips_007.jpg

chips_04.jpg

231576d1317316981-todays-seat-time-buzz-02.jpg

BucknSplit_013.jpg

Last edited: