Ample seat time

/ Ample seat time #1  

grainger12002

Platinum Member
Tractor
yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments
Seems like we all share the same excitement and satisfaction when we get our tractors(new and used) just seems like we dont get enough seat time, maybe we could find a way to get the dealer to throw in some xtra "seat time" at time of delivery,that way if it is raining,or whatever we can have the time on the next available day? Good thought but dont know how to make it happe-makes for good light converstion anyway-Lloyd

/ Ample seat time #2  
That is what happened to me. My tractor was dropped off last Saturday and is was a freezing rany snow mix. i had to get it into the barn and wipe it all down. with all the hours i work during the week, its dark when i get home. so all i have been able to do this week is go stare at it in the barn. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Ample seat time
just doesn't seem fair does it...............................

/ Ample seat time #4  
I find I can "get" as much seat time on projects at my place as my other time obligations will allow. There's an awful lot to be done there. When I add to that the seat time friends and neighbors are willing to "give" me, I could just about make a full time endeavor out of seat time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Ample seat time #5  
I know what you mean. When they delivered my B7500 on wedsday I got to look at and the following tuesday I had a heart bypass. It was 5 months before I could do anything but look at it. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Big time bummer. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Ample seat time #6  
I need to put my tractor in the shop right now for some minor warranty work but I have a couple of days worth of dirt work to do on my lot and I am loath to give up my tractor for two or three days when the weather is so fine and the ground is finally drying out. I gave up seat time today because we closed on the construction loan for our new home and it hurt! Gonna make up for it tomorrow though! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Ample seat time #7  
Grainger,
I know the feeling. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Been grumpy for three weeks since the bx2200 showed up 'cause its been wet every weekend. Starin' at the computer, thinkin' (box blade, weights, landscape rake, hydraulic top link??). Going over projects in my mind. Grass wouldn't grow fast enough. Wife was giving me "the look".

Finally said the heck with it and got out mowing after work. Grass wasn't thick but enough to cut. The <font color="orange"> bx2200</font> ran flawlessly. Sweet, smooth, manueverable, it just purred like a big kitten and ate up the yard so fast that I was done before I knew it. Left some bar marks in the soft spots but it felt sooooooo good /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Best tonic ever made is the ability to turn off your worries and watch the little blades fly. I feel so much better now. Methinks that me and my bx are goin' to be good friends.
Hopin' for more seat time,
DaveL

/ Ample seat time #8  
When my tractor was delivered a few weeks ago, I got to sit in the seat for exactly one hour before running off to a "previously scheduled engagement." Have been making up for it, though. 20 hours and counting. Interestingly, there seems to be an inverse relationship between having family along and seat time. But I love to watch my son's eyes light up when I ask him if he wants to take her out for a spin. Perhaps we should all pray that God adds another day to the weekend.