Snowblower (Deere Model 49) Restoration

/ Snowblower (Deere Model 49) Restoration #1  

Gravel7

Tractor
Deere 318
Hello,
I probably didn't get this post into its appropriate sub-forum or whatever. I apologize if this is in the wrong spot:confused:

Anyway, my question:

Just finished sandblasting and priming my snowblower. I am eager to get it all reassembled. I put on 2 coats of RustOLeum metal primer and so far 2 coats of the Valspar JD Yellow implement paint that Tractor Supply carries. My question is how many coats of paint would you guys apply? I was originally thinking I would put on many coats while its all apart and everything is easily accessible. But after 2 coats, it seems like plenty to me. And, I now remember that I #$ing hate painting:mad:

Does this paint go on a little thicker than normal paint or something? Seems thick to me. I also did 2 coats of black high gloss implement enamel on the auger.

So, more coats of paint or she's good:confused2:?

Thanks for any opinions!!
Mike

/ Snowblower (Deere Model 49) Restoration #2  
wish i could help but really not sure. i would take my time and check other sources. you've already got the hard part done so don't rush it. i know how it is to want to finish a project and later became sorry i didn't put alittle more effort into it.
steve

/ Snowblower (Deere Model 49) Restoration #3  
hi i am caseyandlacey im just started would you tell me if i am here but i cant help you

/ Snowblower (Deere Model 49) Restoration #4  
i am new cant help you but can u tell me if your getting this message

/ Snowblower (Deere Model 49) Restoration #5  
If it looks good, I would stop.

/ Snowblower (Deere Model 49) Restoration
Mfreund, thanks for the reply. I did stop. She's 90% back together. And I took another look at the can, it's enamel, not paint. I don't know much about painting but assume that enamel is thicker? Makes sence now. So, everything got 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of enamel.

/ Snowblower (Deere Model 49) Restoration #7  
Gravel7 said:
Mfreund, thanks for the reply. I did stop. She's 90% back together. And I took another look at the can, it's enamel, not paint. I don't know much about painting but assume that enamel is thicker? Makes sence now. So, everything got 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of enamel.

That should be fine. Next spring, clean it up and check for chips and paint them. That's what I'm going to do with my blower that I just renewed.

How about some pics?

I do have a few pictures....I'll post them when I get home in a few hours. Thanks for the reply!!

image-2793107150.png

First time posting pictures, hopefully this works. First one is a before shot. The rust was all through the inside.

image-3706657485.png

image-101172582.png

Couple sand blast shots.

image-3658043162.png

Primed.

image-4196197404.png

image-1879603725.png

image-3787644072.png

All done!!