PULLING

/ PULLING #71  
When I had my '52 Jeep and lived on the driving beach, I had 100 feet of 3/4" polypropylene with an eye spliced in both ends. I could slingshot heavy rigs from the high sand with no problem. Chains stretch not so much. A stretched chain is a ruined chain.

One can only HOPE the chain only streches and is ruined.

When a chain breaks and sends the hook a flying.....

/ PULLING #73  
I've yet to break a chain. I had two stretched by a guy on a Cat when he tried to push a load of huge oak logs off a low-boy when they were still chained down. His mistake cost me two 3/8" 20 foot chains. You could hold them out like a rod after they were stretched. What I fear is cables breaking.

Wouldn't the hook stay with the load and the chain end come flying back?

/ PULLING #74  
One can only HOPE the chain only streches and is ruined.

When a chain breaks and sends the hook a flying.....

Seeing a 40' length of 3/8" chain snap and come at you is an event that can change your life - or it may just change your shorts. Let's not go there.

/ PULLING #76  
Maintain Jeep trails?

If you do that, is it still a Jeep trail?

:)

Bruce

Good point!!!! Sometimes Jeeprs see my tractor tracks and can't believe I had it there. :)

/ PULLING #77  
Your just fooling yourself. Ain't no way the 3pt will react fast enough. Let alone your hand to eye reaction time.

No, I'm not the one fooling myself. It's you when you assume you know more about what I'm doing than I do. But that's common here in these discussions. :laughing:

/ PULLING #78  
While not wanting to pick on the fella, I thought about it and have to agree with you that his expressed pulling technique is the most dangerous and dumbest thing I have read here.

Every once in a while posters are guilty of talking out of the respective anuses, usually due to ignorance. Some guys do get belligerent or stubborn about it, and I don't feel the need to argue with them as it is like wrasseling in the mud with a porcine. You ain't gonna win, cause said porker likes it.

Thing is, when a man brags about beating up on his equipment and doing something incredibly dangerous, I have to believe he is basically full of carp and just looking for some attention.

Therein, my reaction. Also, It is likely no one would actually behave this way and survive being around farm equipment very long.

I agree with you except the part in bold print above. That is a personal opinion about what is "incredibly dangerous". Once one party makes that determination they tend to start insulting the party that doesn't think it's "incredibly dangerous". Then the conversation deteriorates dramatically.

I am always amused when I see that happen.

/ PULLING #79  
And believing that "Stupid should hurt" I am always amused when it does. (Just enough to teach a man a lesson with out killing him).

IF what has been posted here is actually the truth, the expressed technique is so high probable risky that it qualifies as "stupid" even if one only does it once. For clarity, my comments were related to hanging high, and jerking a heavy load with chain slacked.

My only point in calling anyone out is to let noobs know that this risky behavior can easily result in someone getting seriously hurt or killed.

Eva body can go on doing as they choose. I am not going to criticize a man personally. However since this nonsense was posted for public consumption I WILL feel free to use it as an example to OTHERS, of things NOT TO DO.

Feel all the bravado you want.............. you are paying for the privilege. Set a bad example for youngun's.............. I have an opinion about that.