PULLING

/ PULLING #1  

Machold

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 & B7400
What is best for pulling? Do I attach my chain to the hook/clevis on the tongue; or can I attach it to a drawbar on the 3ph? Pulling logs, deadfall, stuff.

/ PULLING #3  
   / PULLING #4  
I use a 3pt cross drawbar with a twisted clevis.

/ PULLING #5  
Keep the drawbar low and you should be fine..
You did say puling not jerking?
Just make sure there is some ground clearance on the log being pulled.

Wedge

/ PULLING #6  
I use a 3pt cross drawbar with a twisted clevis.

I see both twisted and straight clevises in the stores. I've always used straight and can't recall ever having a situation where I needed a twisted.

What are the reasons people use one or the other?

Bruce

/ PULLING #7  
A twisted clevis attached to a draw bar is good for stretching fence. When you need two legs of the chain going vertical instead of horizontal.

/ PULLING #8  
I use the hook from tractor supply also. I have a grader blade on the 3pt hitch and run the strap or chain over the blade to lift the end of the log off the ground when I lift the blade.

/ PULLING #9  
On my hydro-stat I always pull from the 3pth but on a stick shift I would never (unless it was a real light pull).

/ PULLING #10  
for pulling logs and such it is easy to make one of these. I built this in a day for my quad and I also use it behind my 135 ferguson. It folds down to make a good trailer too. Would only use it on the drawbar though. Using the 3pt will rotate up as the frontend will come up if you have good traction.
the one on my jd has a hyd winch, and some hooks on the lower crossbeam.

Attachments

• P1000337.jpg
    P1000337.jpg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 846
  • P1000162.jpg
    P1000162.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 808