deutz 4506

/ deutz 4506 #1  

apapas

Tractor
deutz 4506
hello everybody!
Has anyone this tractor?

/ deutz 4506 #5  
I can't tell you a thing about the models, but I can tell you my neighbor had about a 120 hp Deutz when I was a teen. Go out and plow all morning, come in at noon for dinner and check the oil on it w/o using a cloth or towel at all. He got another one for a utility tractor a few years later.

/ deutz 4506 #6  
Well I just bought one, and like you I am trying to gather as much info as I can. We run these deutz air cooled engines in our trenchers at work and they are tough and never run hot so that's why I bought the tractor. I have learned a few things about it in the couple weeks I've owned it, the best thing I found was an online manual for it, but it's in German. However using Google translate I was able to gather a good bit of info, but it would not translate all of it. The trouble I'm having is the wiring is all chewed up by rats and I'm trying to figure out how the sensors were wired, although I think I got it pretty close. What the story with your D4506?

/ deutz 4506
Well I just bought one, and like you I am trying to gather as much info as I can. We run these deutz air cooled engines in our trenchers at work and they are tough and never run hot so that's why I bought the tractor. I have learned a few things about it in the couple weeks I've owned it, the best thing I found was an online manual for it, but it's in German. However using Google translate I was able to gather a good bit of info, but it would not translate all of it. The trouble I'm having is the wiring is all chewed up by rats and I'm trying to figure out how the sensors were wired, although I think I got it pretty close. What the story with your D4506?

hello my friend!I'm glad to find another man that has the same tractor, if i learn something that it worth i will send you pm but the informations are not too many! well i want to lubricate it! this is the first thing that i want to do. i ask an old workman and tell me that the machine take SAE 20w50 the gear and steering valvoline 90 and hydravlic SAE20w50! i dont know if this is the correct oils??
so, if you want, can you tell me where is that manual because i have a friend tha knows german

/ deutz 4506 #8  
Well that's the first thing I wanted to do when I bought mine. It took hours of online searching to find the german manual but glad I did. It may be in German but it goes over the entire tractor for the most part. Mine was 3 gallons low on hydraulic fluid and 4 gallons low on gear oil!!! Anyway the hydraulic fluid cap is behind the seat, it's a plastic cap with a dip stick attached. I just use regular tractor hydraulic fluid you get from a Tractor Supply or ag center. The gear oil fill plug is right behind the 1-4 shifter with a hex head, it has a dipstick attached also, the manual calls for SAE 90. The steering on mine has a hydraulic line going to the steering gearbox, as it shares with the hydraulic fluid. The motor oil fill cap is obvious, passenger side towards front of tractor. From the poor translation I got from the manual, it seems as though for motor oil it calls for SAE 30 for climates above 20*C, SAE 20W for climates 20* to -10*, and SAE 10W for climates below -10*. However I will stick to my roots and run 15W40 motor oil in my tractor as I live in south georgia and grew up on a farm with over 20 tractors and never had trouble with it.
I will send you a pm of the manual and hopefully your german speaking friend can tell us both about it!

/ deutz 4506 #9  
I have. Trying to find how to repair & replace front wheel bearings.