Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer?

/ Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer? #1  

JeepJeep

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Don’t know if this question belongs on this forum but couldn’t think of a better group to ask. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

On my lawn, there are several areas of depression, for example, the septic field rows are a bit lower then the surrounding areas, kind look like stripes in my lawn. Is it best to just fill in the depression with some high quality dirt and seed? Do I need to remove the existing grass from the depression?

Thanks, Jim /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kubota BX2200
10 Hours and loving every minute

/ Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer? #2  
Hmmm, let's see...

For very shallow depressions you can rake sand into the existing grass and never know you did it. It can take several applications to build up a bit.

For larger depressions you can just throw topsoil right onto the turf and seed it.

For major re-contouring you would probably want to pull up the turf with a sod cutter, re-contour the soil below then re-lay the sod.

For the most significant depressions I recommend a good comedy, friends and a few beers /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer? #3  
<font color="blue"> For the most significant depressions I recommend a good comedy, friends and a few beers </font>

I find that having a pizza with the beers will really hit the spot /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer? #4  
Great advice.. It is exactly what I would have suggested.... And that comming from a ME... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Actually one of my best friends went into ME.

Soundguy

/ Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer? #5  
just fill it in with good dirt and seed it. if they are really deep , use any kind of fill and the last 4 " with good soil. seed and fertilize and keep it moist.

/ Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer?
Great feedback, thanks again everyone.

This weekend I will be moving some dirt, seeding, watering, drinking beer with a good friend and watching a comedy.
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer? #7  
<font color="blue"> This weekend I will be moving some dirt, seeding, watering, drinking beer with a good friend and watching a comedy.
</font>

Hey, don't forget the pizza! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif