Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer?

Donít know if this question belongs on this forum but couldnít think of a better group to ask. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

On my lawn, there are several areas of depression, for example, the septic field rows are a bit lower then the surrounding areas, kind look like stripes in my lawn. Is it best to just fill in the depression with some high quality dirt and seed? Do I need to remove the existing grass from the depression?

Thanks, Jim [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

kubota BX2200
    10 Hours and loving every minute

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Default Re: Lawn Depressions? Is Ritalin the answer?

Hmmm, let's see...

For very shallow depressions you can rake sand into the existing grass and never know you did it. It can take several applications to build up a bit.

For larger depressions you can just throw topsoil right onto the turf and seed it.

For major re-contouring you would probably want to pull up the turf with a sod cutter, re-contour the soil below then re-lay the sod.

For the most significant depressions I recommend a good comedy, friends and a few beers [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7300; JD LX233

<font color="blue"> For the most significant depressions I recommend a good comedy, friends and a few beers </font>

I find that having a pizza with the beers will really hit the spot [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Great advice.. It is exactly what I would have suggested.... And that comming from a ME... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Actually one of my best friends went into ME.

Soundguy

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

just fill it in with good dirt and seed it. if they are really deep , use any kind of fill and the last 4 " with good soil. seed and fertilize and keep it moist.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Great feedback, thanks again everyone.

This weekend I will be moving some dirt, seeding, watering, drinking beer with a good friend and watching a comedy.
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7300; JD LX233

<font color="blue"> This weekend I will be moving some dirt, seeding, watering, drinking beer with a good friend and watching a comedy.
    </font>

Hey, don't forget the pizza! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]