Tier 4 Engines

/ Tier 4 Engines #1  

wmonroe

Elite Member
Tractor
1958 Ford 961 Powermaster
When are manufacturers required to meet the tier 4 standards by? i've been doing a lot of reading and seems like 2014 is the date but some might be starting sooner. What will the mean for tractors under 75 hp, will they have particulate filters on the exhaust and exhaust fluid?

/ Tier 4 Engines #2  
2015 but many engines are already meeting the Tier 4 requirements. Kubota has met the Tier 4 Final standard on their engines and I'm sure they are not alone.

/ Tier 4 Engines #3  
We just took delivery of a new John Deere grader and it's Tier IV. The local JD AG dealer has large tractors on the lot that are Tier IV. I've not heard anything in regards to the CUT world.

/ Tier 4 Engines #4  
Tier 4 emission standards vary by horse power category as does the timeline required by EPA. Requirements are also setup in interim (introductory) stages.
Jan 1, 2012 is the start date for 75 - 150 HP engines to be interim tier 4 then 2015 to be Full tier 4 compliant.
25 - 74.9 HP interim Tier 4 starts Jan 2013, full tier 4 by 2018.

Kubota is not tier 4 complaint in all of their engines. Tier 4 specifications are less stringent on smaller engines so Kubotas under 25 and some a liitle larger are either full tier4 or interim tier 4 already.

/ Tier 4 Engines
I am looking to buy a tractor in the next year and would like to avoid having to get an exhaust filter, thats why i ask. Most tractor websites say there engines meet interim tier standards. I was worried that they would start coming out with more restrictive engines.

/ Tier 4 Engines #6  
The 75+ hp are the ones that have to change this coming year. They will have common rail electronic fuel injection and either particle filter or after burn catalyst treament.