2625 Massey Ferguson

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson #1  

tunneldigger

Tractor
856 international
We have a Massey 2625 if someone wants to sell you one run!!! You might tell them you will pray for them. We have one when we met with AGCO's service rep and dealer there was 30 things wrong with it. The most major thing was it was locked up. The thing has nearly killed my son twice and indirectly once. AGCO keeps saying we are "working on it". I have called Duluth numerous times.

Last edited:
   / 2625 Massey Ferguson #2  
What were the '30' things wrong. We heard one so far.......'locked up'.......what locked? engine, starter, tranny, rears, brakes, hydraulics???

How did the 'tractor' almost kill your son? You didn't name the tractor 'Christine' by chance?

You leave a lot to the imagination, but are supplying no facts.

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson
Lights didnt work on the way home, pto on off switch ,2 diveshafts to the front axle just going down road half throttle, hour meter runs fast, draft control lever linkage, pin came out of transmission/clutch [5 weeks], shedding paint, wires for 4wd drive indicator on BOTTOM of tractor, hand throttle knob one at dealer broke too, WAY out of time, plugged muffler refer to previous, inhales fuel,5 joysticks - one stuck in raise position while building fence drilling post hole with loader bucket full of hedge posts spilled posts onto son, morphidite remote valves, pops out of reverse, [once while backing off of trailer with disc mower on hit brakes right brake grabbed left wheels went off ramp] shifts hard, injection pump leaks motor oil, coolant leak, vibration dampener, 3 pt hitch leaks down immediately when motor turns off, there is more I cant think of things now we have a list. I pity people who own one. AGCO will not admit they were duped when they contracted to have these made. The new ones are made elsewhere than India. They will not man up and make this right. It is an "economy" tractor economy means no frills, nowhere does it say unreliable and possibly dangerous.

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson
My dad has a 3910 Ford, it wil run head to head with this all day long with half the fuel use, no it wont go thru the mud but maybe that has something to do with the font wheels being driven, But if the driveshaft falls off the 3910 might pull it out. The tractor when it works right works well for us, it replaced a 2640 Deere.

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson #5  
tunneldigger said:
We have a Massey 2625 if someone wants to sell you one run!!! You might tell them you will pray for them. We have one when we met with AGCO's service rep and dealer there was 30 things wrong with it. The most major thing was it was locked up. The thing has nearly killed my son twice and indirectly once. AGCO keeps saying we are working on it". I have called Duluth numerous times.

The light duty 2600 series, correct? (India built) and not the 2600 HD,

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson #6  
Lights didnt work on the way home, pto on off switch ,2 diveshafts to the front axle just going down road half throttle, hour meter runs fast, draft control lever linkage, pin came out of transmission/clutch [5 weeks], shedding paint, wires for 4wd drive indicator on BOTTOM of tractor, hand throttle knob one at dealer broke too, WAY out of time, plugged muffler refer to previous, inhales fuel,5 joysticks - one stuck in raise position while building fence drilling post hole with loader bucket full of hedge posts spilled posts onto son, morphidite remote valves, pops out of reverse, [once while backing off of trailer with disc mower on hit brakes right brake grabbed left wheels went off ramp] shifts hard, injection pump leaks motor oil, coolant leak, vibration dampener, 3 pt hitch leaks down immediately when motor turns off, there is more I cant think of things now we have a list. I pity people who own one. AGCO will not admit they were duped when they contracted to have these made. The new ones are made elsewhere than India. They will not man up and make this right. It is an "economy" tractor economy means no frills, nowhere does it say unreliable and possibly dangerous.
Ya need to slow down a little.

Think on this........you join a tractor forum, and your first post is trashing one of the top brands in the world.

That's reason for extreme skepticism on our part.

Second, read your post(which I quoted above) very carefully, some of those things make no sense whatsoever.

How did you check the timing to determine it was way off?

"2 driveshafts going down the road at half throttle"...........I can only surmise that you engaged 4WD and drove down the hardtop road........thus tearing the driveline out(operator error if thats the case)......operators manual states clearly when to use 4WD and when not to!

Right brake grabbed while backing off trailer..........does tractor have split brakes? Was the locking mechanism engaged?

I agree you may have some legitimate issues, but trashing a top brand the way you are is not in your favor here on TBN.

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson
Tractor was not engaged in 4 wd, dealer told us timing was way off after talking to a pump rebuilder on another tractor he said they do that to make emmisions, tractor ran hot always so much so we were scared to put it under a load. dealer replaced tstat and put new hoses on, it was further off on timing than spec, that would be ok, but when a tractor that is 20 hp less does more than the new one something is wrong and it is not the old one, no the brakes werent locked together operator error/ poping out of reverse, Friday I put 6 bales along the north end of our hoop buildings, it is steep i drove straight up the hill popped out of reverse 6 times. It was ok because I was expecting it manufacturers error! I hope this tractor is not representative of AGCO but the service is representative of AGCO. We tried to be nice and accept things at first play the game. When it is a Saturday morning and you have 150 mouths to feed bales to the DO NOT understand why. You get real frustrated when you have to take cones out of hay feeders because your loader tractor laid down and you feed with a
3910 and a 3 point bale spear. All summer we were put off a day or two because this tractor lying down when it was needed. They represented this tractor to be like the 165 Massey. There is nothing similiar We had a 165. This tractor laid down 10/19 shredding stalks before planting wheat pulling a 7 ft woods mower. [finished it with 3910] got tractor back 11/26. As to almost indirectly killing my son, this tractor went to the shop which put us off, son was going down hiway and was hit from behind by a semi. wiped out a hayrack, disc mower on hay rack,crushed the left side of cab of borrowed tractor and totaled semi. This happened on a Monday at about 1120 am and sunny. There is always what ifs. But what would have happened if he would have been there 2 days earlier like the plans were? 4ways were on tractor [working] smv on tractor, smv on wagon. These are real legitimate

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson #8  
Tractor was not engaged in 4 wd, dealer told us timing was way off after talking to a pump rebuilder on another tractor he said they do that to make emmisions, tractor ran hot always so much so we were scared to put it under a load. dealer replaced tstat and put new hoses on, it was further off on timing than spec, that would be ok, but when a tractor that is 20 hp less does more than the new one something is wrong and it is not the old one, no the brakes werent locked together operator error/ poping out of reverse, Friday I put 6 bales along the north end of our hoop buildings, it is steep i drove straight up the hill popped out of reverse 6 times. It was ok because I was expecting it manufacturers error! I hope this tractor is not representative of AGCO but the service is representative of AGCO. We tried to be nice and accept things at first play the game. When it is a Saturday morning and you have 150 mouths to feed bales to the DO NOT understand why. You get real frustrated when you have to take cones out of hay feeders because your loader tractor laid down and you feed with a
3910 and a 3 point bale spear. All summer we were put off a day or two because this tractor lying down when it was needed. They represented this tractor to be like the 165 Massey. There is nothing similiar We had a 165. This tractor laid down 10/19 shredding stalks before planting wheat pulling a 7 ft woods mower. [finished it with 3910] got tractor back 11/26. As to almost indirectly killing my son, this tractor went to the shop which put us off, son was going down hiway and was hit from behind by a semi. wiped out a hayrack, disc mower on hay rack,crushed the left side of cab of borrowed tractor and totaled semi. This happened on a Monday at about 1120 am and sunny. There is always what ifs. But what would have happened if he would have been there 2 days earlier like the plans were? 4ways were on tractor [working] smv on tractor, smv on wagon. These are real legitimate

We understand that you are upset, but to blame Massey Ferguson for a traffic accident just ain't right. Blaming the truck driver would be more prudent.

I am going to turn this over to some of the others in here, because I myself am a truck driver, and I must go to work soon and won't be back til Friday.

WilliamBos asked you a question that you haven't responded to.

He can probably help you with some of your issues.

Popping out of gear is a big issue, that shouldn't be happening.

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson
getting hit by a semi is in no way AGCOs fault. The only thing that AGCO had to do with that was by being delayed two days by the tractor being in shop. Again what if? The area he got hit at was totally clear I suspect a cell phone, CB, or radio station had alot to do with it. This morning I have been feeding bales I really like how it gets around we haul 2 bales in at a time. I know it is silly but I would rather feed bales with a small tractor than a larger cab tractor I observe the cows and problems they might have better.

/ 2625 Massey Ferguson #10  
If you have 150 cows to feed, why buy an economy tractor?? Too much riding on them.