Kubota BX2200 will not shut off when key in off position.

/ Kubota BX2200 will not shut off when key in off position. #1  

DeanE

Tractor
Kubota Bx2200
I have a Kubota BX2200 with approx 260 hours on it. I noticed about 2-3 weeks ago that all the lights would stay on at all times (blinkers/hazard switches would not work--the lights were just steady on). My fuel gauge then seemed to act funny. Today, while the tractor was running, the lights all went off, fuel guage went dead and the tractor would not shut off when the key was placed in the off position. I got the tractor to shut off by disconnecting the fuel line.

Now, the key switch does nothing when turned to the on and start position, no lights turn on. I checked all the fuses and they are all fine, none blown. What should I do next? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

/ Kubota BX2200 will not shut off when key in off position. #2  
Check the plug on the back of the key switch to make sure it is plugged on good and not all corroded. If it is it will have to be cleaned/repaired or replaced. Could be a corroded wire somewhere else too though. You need to really check it out.

/ Kubota BX2200 will not shut off when key in off position.
Check the plug on the back of the key switch to make sure it is plugged on good and not all corroded. If it is it will have to be cleaned/repaired or replaced. Could be a corroded wire somewhere else too though. You need to really check it out.

I check this tonight. I also think that something might have completely drained my battery so I am also going to check that out as well.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

/ Kubota BX2200 will not shut off when key in off position. #4  
There should be a lever on your fuel pump. On my BX2230, you just look under the air cleaner and it's sitting out there with a red tip on it. The shutoff solenoid pulls this lever for you most of the time, but you have lost the power to the solenoid for some reason. There's another thread here that details the way this works (on the BX23 I believe).
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...225284-safety-couldnt-turn-tractor-off-5.html (page 5 seems to have the most explanation about it).

There should be a lever on your fuel pump. On my BX2230, you just look under the air cleaner and it's sitting out there with a red tip on it. The shutoff solenoid pulls this lever for you most of the time, but you have lost the power to the solenoid for some reason. There's another thread here that details the way this works (on the BX23 I believe).
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...225284-safety-couldnt-turn-tractor-off-5.html (page 5 seems to have the most explanation about it).

Great, I'll check to see if I can find my fuel pump. I've got to find mine because if this ever happens again I want to be able to shut it off without pulling the fuel line. Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

To give an update, I got it figured out. It ended up being that the negative terminal cable had shaken loose while I was operating the tractor. It is amazing that the battery connection is needed to keep all those different things operating. I appreciate all those that offered help and advice, I will need it again soon, I am sure.