OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability)

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability)
Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

My rear tires are loaded, & I have either the bush hog or the grading scraper on the back at all times.

When I push a tree, I do not ram it, ever, never, ever ... I very gently put the bucket against it, & while looking up at the tree top, & with my dad watching too, I push against it (if it won't go over that way, I know there's more root digging to do). I know there's still some danger, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I also keep my tilt steering wheel & arm rest both up, & I sit on the front-left corner of my seat (have to be there anyway to look out & around the roof to see the tree top), so I can jump outta there if needed.

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability) #12  
so I can jump outta there if needed.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather be hunckered down under my roof than trying to dodge a chunck of tree that is tumbling down towards me.....

With out HST units we can apply JUST enough pressure to see if things are going to work, we don't have to "ram" things....

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability) #13  
And its fine the ram trees. You have to do it fast though otherwise the trunk can snap halfway up and come back on top of you. I usually push the trunk as high as I can, back up and take off in 3 high. Works every time.

Sorry Knightrider, but I respectfully disagree. Simple physics would say that the sudden whack about 10 feet up is WAY WAY WAY more likely to cause that snap 1/2 way up.

Think about your neck as somebody rear ends your car. Ever hear of whiplash? This is the exact same thing, except usually your head doesn't fall off into the back seat. But the tree top can, and your tractor is sitting on the "floorboard" waiting to catch the "head".

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability) #14  
Sorry Knightrider, but I respectfully disagree. Simple physics would say that the sudden whack about 10 feet up is WAY WAY WAY more likely to cause that snap 1/2 way up.

Think about your neck as somebody rear ends your car. Ever hear of whiplash? This is the exact same thing, except usually your head doesn't fall off into the back seat. But the tree top can, and your tractor is sitting on the "floorboard" waiting to catch the "head".

Um, I think he was kidding.

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability) #15  
Um, I think he was kidding.

Based off discussion on another topic in a different thread, I assumed he wasn't.

And since newbies come browse these threads, I wouldn't want anybody to think that was ok.

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability)
Certainly wasn't obvious to me that he was kidding ... yeah, especially if someone comes along who doesn't know any better.

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability) #17  
Not sure if he was kidding or not but for sure he'll be back to tell us. As far as loader capacities and or three point lifts, follow manufacturers recommendations and you'll be ok. Most of us like to push the limits of all our stuff whether it's a firearm with hand loads or cars we drive close to red line, etc,etc. Just need to take it slow and easy , you'll know in your own mind if your pushing it to far.
DevilDog

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability) #18  
I won't admit to running at 110% of capacity, but lifting some heavy items I found that if you curl it up, then lift while curling down you can actually get stuff up that otherwise you wouldn't be able to budge.

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability) #19  
I too have found the limit many times on rocks and roots. As for pushing, I pick on the smaller trees, and look carefully for widow makers, and push with the Hydrostat gently, and very slowly. if it wont go, then get enough log chains to get further away than the tree is high and chain up high and pull over with the fixed drawbar. If that don't work, then keep digging. I would no more ram a tree with the tractor than I would with my shiny new truck. yuck..

James K0UA

/ OK to max out loader? (ie use it to its MAX capability) #20  
If I have to knock down a fairly straight tree I will put the bucket fairly high and start nudging the tree. If it won't move that way, I stop and dig around and try it again until it starts leaning. Once it starts leaning in one direction, I feel a lot more comfortable with it.
I don't know if this is an accurate statement or not, but with the tires filled and a weight box on and with the bucket planted high in a tree, and in low gear with the wheels spinning, a lot more torque can be put on the arms and cylinders than just by picking up something. That's a lot of force being put on something so I'm careful.

I have seen a video from this forum I believe, a man on a good sized tractor trying to knock a 4' stump over and he would actually start back about 10 feet or so and take a run at it. He did that quite a few times and it finally went over. I just wanted to climb into the u-tube and slap him one.:thumbdown::thumbdown: