Tractor
    Kubota L3940C

Default UDT vs SUDT,

Allright,I have been reading the argument about udt vs sudt oil for the last few years (since I bought my Gl3940C). It was time for the 400 hr service, oil,filters, ect, I ask the dealer what trans oil I should buy after explaining to him that I lived in a cold climate, sometimes 15 below. He explained that they came with UDT so I said fine and thats what I got. Well I done the 400hr service on it yesterday, this morning I needed to hall fire wood so I started the tractor up and to my suprise there was a whine, I let it warm up for about 20 minutes and it finaly quited some but still noiser than I am use to.It was 14 degres this morning,the point is I think it had sudt before the service because it was so much quiter. Next oil change I will be putting sudt thansmission oil back in it. UDT oil might be ok for warmer climates but in my opinion not for cold. I know this has been beaten to death but that is my experance.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

Default Re: UDT vs SUDT,

I totally agree with you. Here in up-state N.Y. our winters are quite cold and in the last two kubota's all I will use is SUDT, when my new L3540 needs it's service SUDT will go in. Location, location is where the line needs to be drawn.
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

Platinum Member

UDT is pretty much straight 30wt.

SUDT is equivalent to 5w30. s=Super --> not synthetic

Next go round, get generic multi-vis trans-hydraulic fluid for a dramatically lower cost.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18

In Canada, we use kubota Premium Hydraulic oil which is made for cold weather use.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX 25

Quote Originally Posted by Ford tractor View Post
    UDT is pretty much straight 30wt.

SUDT is equivalent to 5w30. s=Super --> not synthetic

Next go round, get generic multi-vis trans-hydraulic fluid for a dramatically lower cost.
    If we are talking kubota fluids here..., there is a new version of SUDT which is called SUDT-2 and it is synthetic, or at least it says "Superior Synthetic Performance" on the label of the two jugs I bought yesterday.