3-Point Hitch HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!!

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!! #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
Guys,

HELP!!!!

If you have a great idea PM me, I get those on my cell phone but I cannot access TBN from my phone!

My buddy showed up to work on fence and the 3pt is acting up.It wil not go DOWN!!! It barely creeps down like gravity is the only force. That will not drive a PHD into my clay!

The rear lever has almost no effect, and in fact the lever by the seat does NOT raise the 3pt until it hits 9!!!

HELP Please!!!

I've called the dealer, he is in a meeting and will call me soon as he's free.

HELP!

David

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!! #2  
Dont you have a down draft control on your kioti? My kubota has a dail knob near floor to tell how much down motion I have have and I can even nearly turn off the down force of 3 pt/MMM.

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!! #3  
I don't think the 3pt hitch has down pressure - it simply falls by gravity. I had this problem with my tractor and it was the knob that adjusts the speed that the hitch falls. It was adjusted to its slowest speed of fall. Adjust it to a faster rate and you should be good to go.

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!! #4  
Correct, there is a knob to adjust speed on lowering, heavier the implement set it towards turtle (slow) side and light or no weight move it towards the rabbit direction.

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!! #5  
I don't think there is anything wrong with your 3 point.
There is no down pressure on the 3 point hitch. It is gravity down.
The 3 point will not raise till it hits 9 on the lever because of the height of the post hole digger. It needs to get to 9 on the lever before the 3 point gets to the height of the PHD before it will lift.
All sounds normal to me

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!! #6  
+1 on DK35Vince's post. I can't add anything to what he said.

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!! #7  
Some post hole diggers offer a down pressure kit that mounts to the PHD you can purchase if you want/need down pressure.
You will get no down pressure from the 3 point

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!! #8  
There IS a knob near the floor under the seat that if turned the wrong way can prevent the 3 point from dropping. I actually set this when i have my hydraulic tank on back to prevent it from accidentally dropping while im driving with the plow/blower.

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!!
That was it!!!!!

Thank you all!!!

Thank all of you who PM'd me! I will thank you privately after dark, need to keep rolling!

THANK YOU ALL!

We finished the 88' run and we just set the end post for the 176' run and came in for lunch.

I had NEVER touched that knob, But I think the baby had twisted it closed!

I never knew what is did before!

Be well,
David

/ HELP!!!! My 3pt will not go down!!! Not working right!!!
Boy do I feel like a n00b!

I especially want to thank you ALL that NOBODY made me feel like an idiot. You were all VERY helpful (and correctly diagnosed the problem too!).

I hugely appreciate the brotherhood here on TBN. You guy rock!

David