Garden Plowing

/ Garden Plowing #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
I'm new at plowing, but here is my experience. I am

using a Kubota BX2660, a Leinbach 12 inch moldboard single plow, and turf tires.
The summer was dry but we had some nice rain in Nov-Dec so the rich ground was moist but not too wet. The temperatures have been above normal. ..around 50 today.

At first the plow would make a good pass but then it would just skip over the top. But by shortening the top link it dug in and stayed there. It took me awhile to figure it out. I'm real happy with the results and the BX performed nicely except for the ground clearance which drags some of the front in the dirt a little. There is no damage to the tractor however. I left the FEL mounted but the RB had to be removed since there has been no snow....thus the plowing.

Today I did two small garden plots...both about 50 x 50. And once you get the adjustments made, it goes pretty fast. Now the turned over sod/ground can break up with some snow and freezing. I guess the walk behind tiller will be busy next spring.:thumbsup: but a PTO tiller would be nice. Let's see, at this rate, a pound of potatoes/tomatoes etc is really getting expensive.:D

/ Garden Plowing #2  
Best of luck in your garden. Picking your own vegetables that you grew yourself is rewarding. They also taste much better than the varieties bought in a supermarket.:thumbsup:

/ Garden Plowing
Best of luck in your garden. Picking your own vegetables that you grew yourself is rewarding. They also taste much better than the varieties bought in a supermarket.:thumbsup:

Thanks, creekbend. Having gardened (40 years) up to an acre by hand using the six of us, a rototiller and hoes, we (I) know about home grown stuff from peaches to potatoes. Now with this mechanized method and just old me, thinking this thru is taking a different turn. Gardening from a tractor seat sure is different. Does Everything Attachments have something for picking strawberries?:laughing:

/ Garden Plowing #4  

+1

I was really shocked at how much better! Things that I took for granted, like potatoes and green beans, they were the real eye openers.

/ Garden Plowing
Best attachment for strawberries -- grand kids.

Yeah :thumbsup:Out of 13 the three youngest ones are all that's available for stoop labor. Guess the older ones have wised up. Actually some of the neighbors bring their kids to pick also.

Now that Middle Buster is really going to save me when the potato harvest comes. Those little kids can't manage a forks.

/ Garden Plowing #7  
Yeah :thumbsup:Out of 13 the three youngest ones are all that's available for stoop labor. Guess the older ones have wised up. Actually some of the neighbors bring their kids to pick also.

Now that Middle Buster is really going to save me when the potato harvest comes. Those little kids can't manage a forks.
Middle Busters are great for diggin taters:thumbsup: