Loader I think I really messed up new tractor

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #31  
I dont know.....
does the hydro cylinder in the third pic look like the left cylinder is out farther than the right cylinder?

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #32  
I dont know.....
does the hydro cylinder in the third pic look like the left cylinder is out farther than the right cylinder?

I think it's just not retracted as far. You can see the fully retracted plate is against the mechanical stop, so its cylinder is in the position the unretracted side should actually be and would be if it could rotate further toward the tractor.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #33  
Find a new dealer to work with... let them know what happened and that your original dealer is gone and your looking for a new dealer to work with. You'll need to be buying maintenance supplies from someone, might as well be from a dealer that will help you with this problem.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #34  
The second set of pics are good. That crossbar is really small. If I couldn't pull it straight with the hydraulics, I'd cut and weld. In any event, I think I would beef that little bar up, either with bigger tubing, or wrap it with heavy angle iron. Either way, you don't seem to have done any huge damage. Welcome to on the job training. Tractors are a learning experience.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #35  
Looks easily repairable if it's just the quick attach with an issue.

I think what many people are assuming is that the quick attach failed and one half of the grapple came loose. I think the error is lifting a 30 foot tree with a small tractor loader.

A 30' tree trunk weighs a decent amount, but your loader can probably lift the weight. The issue is if it is uneven, or gets stuck on something or anything else, the 15' or more of tree sticking out acts as a HUGE lever which can put a ton of torque on the loader. Same concept as a cheater bar for loosening a bolt... torque.

If you absolutely have to lift a tree that big with your loader, chain it under the bucket with enough space that if it hits something, weighs too much, etc., it doesn't torque the loader. Don't use a grapple.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #36  
On the JD system that crossbar is just held in place with a couple of roll pins. When they got lost I replaced them with 1/4 bolts which shear off now and then due to load flex. All they really have to do is keep both sides in line when hooking up a different bucket/forks/grapple. All the strength should be in the attachment.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #37  
On the JD system that crossbar is just held in place with a couple of roll pins. When they got lost I replaced them with 1/4 bolts which shear off now and then due to load flex. All they really have to do is keep both sides in line when hooking up a different bucket/forks/grapple. All the strength should be in the attachment.

This is true when you consider that without quick attach there are no more than two cylinders dangling from the fel. I don't like it though because you gain a lot of strength from them being rigid like a true skid steer. I think the global quick attach is far superior to this system for many reasons.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #38  
When I looked at the pictures I expected something much more robust. The Bobcat, CAT, and ASV machines I have used had a much more robust quick attach plate. Even the smaller ASV RC30 30hp machine had a much more robust QA

I would consider repairing it with a more robust QA plate... This one bent already, that torque rod looks wimpy...

Here are a couple I found with a quick Google...

Universal Skid Steer Adaptor UA-30
Compact and Front End Loader Converter : Quick Attach Attachments, Inc.
Attachments – Bobcat Skid-Steer Loaders - Bobcat Company

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #39  
I tried to pic up a tree with my grapple that was apparently to heavy for my loader. It was about 30ft. I just wanted to pic one end up to make the sawing a little easier. I got it up to high...picked the tree up. It rocked a little then the right side loader quick connect popped off the grapple. The loader is pretty bent up. Take a look at the pictures and let me know if the tractor needs to go back to the dealer.

Put a damper on the weekend!

[/ATTACH]

I think you'll be alright since you have the Kubota insurance-just need to find a dealer now.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #40  
I think you'll be alright since you have the Kubota insurance-just need to find a dealer now.

well you can do that....and spend $250. or you can try to attach a chain to one side and rotate it back straight for free....... cant make it any worse.