Loader I think I really messed up new tractor

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #41  
But is that a Kubota QA, or one added by a dealer? If added by the dealer, I would guess it has no warranty?

Unless he does MORE damage that might not be covered under the insurance. It's a new tractor, I would want it to be back in "new like" condition instead of something that might be weaker since it's being flexed back and forth.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #42  
Unless he does MORE damage that might not be covered under the insurance. It's a new tractor, I would want it to be back in "new like" condition instead of something that might be weaker since it's being flexed back and forth.

The tube obviously has no value or purpose other than maintaining alignment between the two sides when not attached to a tool. Forcing it back into alignment would not further damage a currently useless tool and potentially save the owner a decent amount of money. That doesn't mean ram it into a tree to achieve a straight QA.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #43  
well its already bent.... i have found after MANY years working on ranches out in the boonies, a little force can save you alot of headaches and trips to town.

im sure that connection pipe isnt very heavy duty, and over a span of 3 - 4 feet it hasnt really been torqued too much. Before i would cut it i would try to straighten it.

but thats just my opinion. for what its worth.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #44  
If that is all that is bent is the cross brace, I would only briefly try to straighten it but in truth, I would likely be less work for a welder to cut it out and replace it with a new pipe than try to heat and beat for hours and still not get it back perfect. It is lots easier to bend than straighten steel. I think I would just cut the cross brace, reattach the QA to a bucket if everything buckled up easily then put in a new cross brace weld and paint to match. Maybe even beef it up a bit with a couple or cross braces. The main thing is to check that it will attach back to the bucket or grapple with ease first then easy enough to replace the cross member.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #45  
I sometimes wonder if these are purposefully designed to be light weight and bend. If they were too stiff, then an accidental unhooking from one side might transfer the load shift to the hydraulic ram instead ??? just thinking out loud.

Id be a little Leary of beefing it up too much.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #46  
I sometimes wonder if these are purposefully designed to be light weight and bend. If they were too stiff, then an accidental unhooking from one side might transfer the load shift to the hydraulic ram instead ??? just thinking out loud.

Id be a little Leary of beefing it up too much.

That is my thinking too. It is designed purposely flimsy. I would bend it back and stop worrying about that.
Events like that turn toy tractors into work tractors.:D:D:D

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #47  
Re-torque ... chains, jacks, pressure in the right place will put it back ... then don't do it again.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #48  
Had same problem with my m6040 bucket popped off bent one side pretty bad, left right align was fine. So I tilted the loader all the way back and use a chain hoist and the loader at the same time I pulled with the hoist and tilted back with the loader and it sucked it back. It took a couple tries, but it bent back and never had any problems after. Also could use a piece of angle iron to stop the ram from sucking up and then tilt back hard to bend back.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #49  
Yup thats really a bummer but. . .I think you just bent the QA.
I probally would try bending it back or if you can weld, cut it apart and reweld it. I think the cylinders are ok along with the loader arms. Whats the worst that will happen? The QA is already messed up so it can only get better. Cut, reinforce, reweld . .. all better. I done lots worse so i know how you feel. Good Luck and keep us posted. . . John

/ I think I really messed up new tractor
Called the new dealer (that replaced the one that went out of business). They picked it up Weds afternoon. Called me this morning said its fixed-when did I want it delivered. The QA was bent. They had one in stock and it slid right on. I had Kubota insurance so all I had to pay was the deductible $250. The total was $460 which included 45 mile round trip transportation. Checked the fluids and fixed a electrical problem. Next day service...these guys should stay in business--Mountain Kubota of Boone.

Thanks for everyone's help. This my favorite forum. The reply are always great.