Tractor
    Deere

Default Re: I think I really messed up new tractor

Good to hear you got it fixed.

Hopefully you can start getting to work now

Tractor
    L2800.

Have you check to see how well the grapple fits? Any slack?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Did you get the old QA for parts?

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810 HST, Kioti DK35SE HST

Ever so glad to hear your back and running without a major financial disaster. Mistakes happen, thats why we call them mistakes. Be safe . . .John
    Lord, Help me to be the man my dog thinks i am . . .John. Mahindra 2810HST, 108H loader with Quick tach buckets and forks. Kioti DK35SE HST with loader, Hyd. top link and second set of rear remotes, 60" and 66" buckets, Kubota 900 RTV and a bunch of other good stuff
    Buy more equipment, It makes life easier.!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by teg View Post
    Have you check to see how well the grapple fits? Any slack?
    I would sure check that grapple fit, from other threads on here, it is a fairly common, (and easily fixed) problem. or was it that your load was so unbalanced that caused this?. At any rate I would want to know the actual cause of the problem as it is liable to happen again.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by NCCrestonMtn View Post
    Called the new dealer (that replaced the one that went out of business). They picked it up Weds afternoon. Called me this morning said its fixed-when did I want it delivered. The QA was bent. They had one in stock and it slid right on. I had kubota insurance so all I had to pay was the deductible $250. The total was $460 which included 45 mile round trip transportation. Checked the fluids and fixed a electrical problem. Next day service...these guys should stay in business--Mountain Kubota of Boone.

Thanks for everyone's help. This my favorite forum. The reply are always great.
    Replacing easily repaired parts such as this is wasteful. Changing parts requires no imagination or ingenuity, but is very often more profitable for the dealer.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERLK View Post
    Replacing easily repaired parts such as this is wasteful. Changing parts requires no imagination or ingenuity, but is very often more profitable for the dealer.
    larry
    I disagree, as pristine as his tractor was, for 250 bucks, I would have done the same thing over having a cobbled up one.
    And I was a fabricator in a previous life, and still would have gone this route.

Plus, not all people have the same talents

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Called the new dealer (that replaced the one that went out of business). They picked it up Weds afternoon. Called me this morning said its fixed-when did I want it delivered. The QA was bent. They had one in stock and it slid right on. I had kubota insurance so all I had to pay was the deductible $250. The total was $460 which included 45 mile round trip transportation. Checked the fluids and fixed a electrical problem. Next day service...these guys should stay in business--Mountain Kubota of Boone.

I know you had different opinions on how to fix your problem, glad you went with getting a dealer to fix it properly. (see post #2 ) Spending some $ to get it back to new probably makes you feel better. If it was an older tractor I probably would have gone the fix it yourself route. Good thing is you also found a dealer you can work with in the future if needed.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

I highly doubt the bent one would be melted down, in any event. It will probably not be wasted. The only issue might be, whoever gets it might be paying for a new one and have no clue it was ever damaged. It would be called, "good business." Even at that, it could be repaired to better than spec. If that were the case, then I guess it would be, no harm, no foul.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

You mention Boone, but your profile says "Northeastern NC". I thought from the pics that terrain didn't look like the coastal plain

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast