Loader I think I really messed up new tractor

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #51  
Good to hear you got it fixed.

Hopefully you can start getting to work now:thumbsup:

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #52  
Have you check to see how well the grapple fits? Any slack?

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #53  
Did you get the old QA for parts?

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #54  
Ever so glad to hear your back and running without a major financial disaster. Mistakes happen, thats why we call them mistakes. Be safe . . .John

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #55  
Have you check to see how well the grapple fits? Any slack?

I would sure check that grapple fit, from other threads on here, it is a fairly common, (and easily fixed) problem. or was it that your load was so unbalanced that caused this?. At any rate I would want to know the actual cause of the problem as it is liable to happen again.

James K0UA

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #56  
Called the new dealer (that replaced the one that went out of business). They picked it up Weds afternoon. Called me this morning said its fixed-when did I want it delivered. The QA was bent. They had one in stock and it slid right on. I had Kubota insurance so all I had to pay was the deductible $250. The total was $460 which included 45 mile round trip transportation. Checked the fluids and fixed a electrical problem. Next day service...these guys should stay in business--Mountain Kubota of Boone.

Thanks for everyone's help. This my favorite forum. The reply are always great.
Replacing easily repaired parts such as this is wasteful. Changing parts requires no imagination or ingenuity, but is very often more profitable for the dealer.
larry

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #57  
Replacing easily repaired parts such as this is wasteful. Changing parts requires no imagination or ingenuity, but is very often more profitable for the dealer.
larry

I disagree, as pristine as his tractor was, for 250 bucks, I would have done the same thing over having a cobbled up one.
And I was a fabricator in a previous life, and still would have gone this route.

Plus, not all people have the same talents

:cool:

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #58  
Called the new dealer (that replaced the one that went out of business). They picked it up Weds afternoon. Called me this morning said its fixed-when did I want it delivered. The QA was bent. They had one in stock and it slid right on. I had Kubota insurance so all I had to pay was the deductible $250. The total was $460 which included 45 mile round trip transportation. Checked the fluids and fixed a electrical problem. Next day service...these guys should stay in business--Mountain Kubota of Boone.

I know you had different opinions on how to fix your problem, glad you went with getting a dealer to fix it properly. (see post #2 :thumbsup:) Spending some $ to get it back to new probably makes you feel better. If it was an older tractor I probably would have gone the fix it yourself route. Good thing is you also found a dealer you can work with in the future if needed. :)

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #59  
I highly doubt the bent one would be melted down, in any event. It will probably not be wasted. The only issue might be, whoever gets it might be paying for a new one and have no clue it was ever damaged. It would be called, "good business." Even at that, it could be repaired to better than spec. If that were the case, then I guess it would be, no harm, no foul.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #60  

You mention Boone, but your profile says "Northeastern NC". I thought from the pics that terrain didn't look like the coastal plain:D