Loader I think I really messed up new tractor

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #61  
Since Kubota insurance was involved the likelihood of retaining the damaged part(s) is less since the insurer usually claims them as part of their settlement. If I were new to tractors, like the OP, I'd want the dealer to do the job so it would be as close to factory as possible to retain the tractor's value, etc. Plus, for this particular OP, finding another dealer who is close by and wants his business is a value added to this otherwise unfortunate set of circumstances.
To the OP, glad to hear it went smoothly. Now be sure to verify connections of each attachment every time you go to use the tractor during your pre-use daily walk around, after checking all fluids.:thumbsup:
I still believe your issue came about through overtaxing your loader's capacity to handle 'twist' forces on the loader assembly. I want to reiterate this point so you can avoid it at all cost in future by emphasizing safety to yourself and to the equipment, and by trying your best to not exert unnecessary twisting force on the loader arms/QAs and similar items, grapple, for instance. This may take some in use experience, but you now know what your tractor can NOT handle as far as log length/diameter etc.

Good luck- happy tractoring.:)

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #62  
when you get it straight be sure to check the grapple fit. It must not be correct or it would have stayed on.

Or it wasn't correctly seated/ locked.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #63  
The QA twisted because for some reason it unlatched or fell off the attachment on one side.
Check your latchs, and make sure your grapple is attaching properly.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #64  
The QA twisted because the latch on one side opened or was never correctly latched. When the load became enough to overcome the torque tube, that side opened while the opposite would have closed. This would not be possible on a true skid steer plate that is strong and rigid enough to resist torqueing under extreme weight. For example, our mulcher head weighs close to 2500 lbs and one side comes open every now and then from brush. The head will come completely unhooked on that side, but never come off or do any damage.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #65  
Called the new dealer (that replaced the one that went out of business). They picked it up Weds afternoon. Called me this morning said its fixed-when did I want it delivered. The QA was bent. They had one in stock and it slid right on. I had Kubota insurance so all I had to pay was the deductible $250. The total was $460 which included 45 mile round trip transportation. Checked the fluids and fixed a electrical problem. Next day service...these guys should stay in business--Mountain Kubota of Boone.

Thanks for everyone's help. This my favorite forum. The reply are always great.

From what I understand the insurance should cover transportation to the dealer. This is what is says in the kubota owning operating forum sticky on the subject:
KTAC will even pay reasonable transportation costs to and from the Dealer for repairs. All of this for only a low $250 deductible!
So I don't understand why it should have cost $460.
Glad to see you got it fixed though.
Rob

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #66  
From what I understand the insurance should cover transportation to the dealer. This is what is says in the kubota owning operating forum sticky on the subject:
KTAC will even pay reasonable transportation costs to and from the Dealer for repairs. All of this for only a low $250 deductible!
So I don't understand why it should have cost $460.
Glad to see you got it fixed though.
Rob

OP stated:
"I had Kubota insurance so all I had to pay was the deductible $250. The total was $460 which included 45 mile round trip transportation."

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #67  
Today I went and looked at the cross tube on my LS R4010's loader. I have complained at length here about the size and power of that loader. But that aside, its cross tube on the QA is about three inches in diameter and looks much huskier than the one that bent in the OP.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #68  
OP stated:
"I had Kubota insurance so all I had to pay was the deductible $250. The total was $460 which included 45 mile round trip transportation."

Ok I see. I missunderstood what the OP was saying. I thought it was strange that no one else spoke up about it. Thanks for straitening me out Coyote machine.
Rob

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #69  
Ok I see. I missunderstood what the OP was saying. I thought it was strange that no one else spoke up about it. Thanks for straitening me out Coyote machine.
Rob

No problem, dude, a quick read of what the OP said lead me to the same question originally, then after rereading it I figured out what he meant. :thumbsup:

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #70  
This is how I made sure my QA never accidentally comes unlatched again.

Attachments

• lever-lock-20110226-1-800x600.jpg
    lever-lock-20110226-1-800x600.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 378