Loader I think I really messed up new tractor

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #1  

NCCrestonMtn

Tractor
Kubota L3800
I tried to pic up a tree with my grapple that was apparently to heavy for my loader. It was about 30ft. I just wanted to pic one end up to make the sawing a little easier. I got it up to high...picked the tree up. It rocked a little then the right side loader quick connect popped off the grapple. The loader is pretty bent up. Take a look at the pictures and let me know if the tractor needs to go back to the dealer.

Put a damper on the weekend!

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• BentLoader.jpg
    BentLoader.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 4,552
   / I think I really messed up new tractor #2  
First post and with pics.:thumbsup:
Sorry it is about a problem, bit of a bummer. I suggest you talk to your dealer about having them look at it. :)

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #3  
That one side is sure a twisted sister now. Does it look like the ram bent any?
It sure would be nice if it didn't do a whole lot to that lift arm. If the arm is out of whack I hope you'll be lucky enough to get it straightened somehow without getting into to much $$$.
Let us know how you make out. Guys here like updates! You never know when one of us can be next.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #4  
when you get it straight be sure to check the grapple fit. It must not be correct or it would have stayed on.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor
It looks like it is a fairly simple job to remove the quick attach from the loader arms. Is this a one man job?

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #6  
It looks more like the QA is what is bent, not the loader arm, (from the pic)
Kind of looks like repacing the QA with a new one would do the trick. That I would do anyway. with the damage on the QA, I would never trust again.
david

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #7  
Sorry to hear that - did you have any issues with the grapple fitting loosely in the past?
If we may - what tractor was this on and what kind of grapple? I am going to check my grapple closely next time I get it out to make sure of the fit. While we all feel bad this happen we can thank you for mentioning it so we can all learn from it.
As for the repairs - I would put the tractor on a flat surface and take measurements from the QA back, up the loader arms on both sides, etc, and make sure the loader is square - if the arms are you are set. It does look like you may need to replace the QA but if that is all that is damaged at least that makes it less expensive and much easier to repair.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #8  
Sorry to hear that - did you have any issues with the grapple fitting loosely in the past?
If we may - what tractor was this on and what kind of grapple? I am going to check my grapple closely next time I get it out to make sure of the fit. While we all feel bad this happen we can thank you for mentioning it so we can all learn from it.
As for the repairs - I would put the tractor on a flat surface and take measurements from the QA back, up the loader arms on both sides, etc, and make sure the loader is square - if the arms are you are set. It does look like you may need to replace the QA but if that is all that is damaged at least that makes it less expensive and much easier to repair.

/ I think I really messed up new tractor #9  
actually the pictures are too small to see any real details.....but if its whaqt i think it is its a pretty easy fix. can you post some higher resolution pics....