Tractor Insurance

/ Tractor Insurance #11  
I have a separate rider on my tractor through my insurer. I am covered for $2 million on accidents relating to the tractor - either it getting damaged or damaging something else in a non-commercial application.

/ Tractor Insurance #12  
My insurer (USAA) was split like many others. They covered some things but not others on separate property (i.e. theft). They referred me to Great American Ins. Co. I got a year policy for theft and other Acts of God for $250. More than I wanted to spend, but it fit my needs.

/ Tractor Insurance #13  
I have mine on my commercial truck policy. I'm not sure how the price compares, but I don't pay much; and I'm always out running up and down the 1/4 mile of road frontage on my property.

/ Tractor Insurance #14  
So does anyone offer coverage when it's on empty property? I have 2 tractors, all of their equipment and the equipment trailer at a piece of country property I own that I WILL be putting a home on and moving to later. I've made a couple of calls but no one seems to be able to give me any coverage for them.

/ Tractor Insurance #15  
BigBoyinMS said:
So does anyone offer coverage when it's on empty property? I have 2 tractors, all of their equipment and the equipment trailer at a piece of country property I own that I WILL be putting a home on and moving to later. I've made a couple of calls but no one seems to be able to give me any coverage for them.

My rider policy with SF covers theft while on our remote.

/ Tractor Insurance #16  
Working on property of another, their homeowners would cover it, and damages, but their company would likely come after MY homeowners for reimbursement.

I would be real leery of this. If you are being paid I am about 99.9% sure it is not true.

In Conn there are cases where people hired uninsured contractors thinking their homeowners would cover them only to loose their houses when the contractor or one of his employees was hurt.

Andy

/ Tractor Insurance #17  
Years ago I looked into this. My 2 outbuildings and their contents were covered under my farm insurance. The whole bill came to about $2,200. I have my duck hunting rig, decoys, outboard and 2 ATVs in the big barn and all were covered along with the tractors. Oh, the house and it's contents to.

/ Tractor Insurance #18  

I just this week added my tractor to my current Farm Bureau policy. The original policy was for a garage I built on my currently vacant (no home) property (7 acres). Adding the tractor increased my premium by $102

/ Tractor Insurance #19  
BigBoyinMS said:

That is my situation. When we bought the property, my State Farm agent added an endorsement to my homeowner policy that covered our acreage outside of town. When I built my pole barn, he bumped the outbuilding coverage up. This was about 10 years ago.

When I bought my Kubota, I called back to my agent (his business has grown and now has "people") the person I was talking to kept arguing with me that I wouldn't be covered at all since the property wasn't physically attached to our main residence. I finally told him, I know that the acreage and barn are covered. In fact, SF has paid a claim when the building was burglarized. I am not going to argue. So he said he would check with the agent and call me back.

Long story short, the agency called back - I had an endorsement that allowed for the coverage. I gather this must not be a common endorsement, or one they offer today. Not positive about that statement though.

So my tractor is covered as long as I leave it on the property. Well at some point it will leave the property. I will have to add another policy to fully cover my tractor ( off premise).

Summary- State Farm at one time could take care of your specific issue. Not sure if they can today.

/ Tractor Insurance #20  
Contact the Great American Insurance Company about an "Inland Marine" policy for your tractor. You may insure for replacement costs to include tractor and listed attachments. "Inland Marine" policies cover equipment stored or used separately from where you live.