Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2003 massey GC2300

Default Tractor Insurance

My Ins. Co. says my tractor is covered by homeowners as long as it does not leave my property or get a plate on it. I asked if I could get ins on the tractor and they said no (state farm) I do leave the property on occasion and I do back in the road during plowing. Does anyone know if any companies offer tractor insurance (non-business)?

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Default Re: Tractor Insurance

You might check with a Farm Bureau company.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615

State Farm insures my tractor as a rider on my home owners policy. My agent told me my tractor was covered under the home owners policy on property but it spends a fair amount of time at the remote property that I wanted additional coverage. The rider policy is not much each year.

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

I have a State Farm farm policy that covers me up to 200 miles from home, but you are right on the rest. When I had it as a rider on homeowners it covered me only inside my property lines so on the road from one field to another, I wasn't covered but once I got to that field, I was covered again. The strange thing is that after we figured out my place as a farm, it came to a little less than my homeowners plus riders for my tractor and excavator, and I don't even know if my disks, plows, cutters, spreaders, etc. were covered.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615

Quote Originally Posted by MHarryE
    I have a State Farm farm policy that covers me up to 200 miles from home, but you are right on the rest. When I had it as a rider on homeowners it covered me only inside my property lines so on the road from one field to another, I wasn't covered but once I got to that field, I was covered again. The strange thing is that after we figured out my place as a farm, it came to a little less than my homeowners plus riders for my tractor and excavator, and I don't even know if my disks, plows, cutters, spreaders, etc. were covered.
    My agent told me the rider covered my tractor while being trailered. Maybe I should check this out.

Tractor
    Kubota B21

kubota offers comprehensive coverage at a reasonable cost. You might check into it.
    - Dennis

Once you see the bandwagon, it's too late.
    Kubota B21
    Polaris Ranger
    Yamaha Kodiak

Tractor
    Kubota BX-24 - other goodies listed in my profile.

Here in MA my vehicle insurance covers it in transit on my trailer; my homeowners covers it, and damage I might do, on my property.

Working on property of another, their homeowners would cover it, and damages, but their company would likely come after MY homeowners for reimbursement.

I looked into policies that would cover me working jobs for friends, neighbors or 'customers', and it was close to $1,000 a year. I'm not planning to operate as a 'business', so I just run with existing coverage, and put my 'odd jobs' money into a maintenance fund.
    2008 BX-24 with MMM, brush hog, york rake, rear blade; handcrafted 5-tine forks; clamp-on pallet forks; bolt-on/off ripper tooth for BH bucket; Bro-Tek real wheel spacers and BH thumb; Piranha toothbar; Ratchet Rake; 3pt snowblower; extra LED lighting.

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, "L/60" Custom & 70 I

I have my JD 790 covered with State Farm, separate policy. I trailer it 30 miles to the farm regularly. ~~ grnspot

Tractor
    2005 Kubota L5030 GST; Farmall 706

I too am going thru this with State Farm. Under the homeowners policy it is only covered on my property - but not for everything, only certain perils are covered. They way the agent talked, if I damaged another vehicle (he was thinking collision - I was envisioning kicking a rock from the rotary cutter), the damage wouldn't be covered.

They will write an "all perils" policy that will cover pretty much everything for $260 a year. This would provide coverage off the property - damage to other vehicles, etc.

Since I will probably road the tractor between my properties at some point...I feel I need the added coverage.

I will be checking out the kubota insurance for a quote.
    Dean

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

I also have a rider with State Farm, its $26 a month. I take mine to sons place 3-5 times a year and do our roads in our subdivision (2 miles worth).
    2007 3320 os / 447 BH / 300CX - 5' bucket / 7' rear blade / 4x2" skidsteer spacers on rears
    2014 825iS4 full wrap around, winch, hardtop, pwr tilt box, 3 sets of top lights, blinkers
    2006 Honda es Foreman 500 with 5' blade

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast