Tractor Insurance

/ Tractor Insurance #1  

dant

Tractor
2003 massey GC2300
My Ins. Co. says my tractor is covered by homeowners as long as it does not leave my property or get a plate on it. I asked if I could get ins on the tractor and they said no (state farm) I do leave the property on occasion and I do back in the road during plowing. Does anyone know if any companies offer tractor insurance (non-business)?

/ Tractor Insurance #2  
You might check with a Farm Bureau company.

/ Tractor Insurance #3  
State Farm insures my tractor as a rider on my home owners policy. My agent told me my tractor was covered under the home owners policy on property but it spends a fair amount of time at the remote property that I wanted additional coverage. The rider policy is not much each year.

/ Tractor Insurance #4  
I have a State Farm farm policy that covers me up to 200 miles from home, but you are right on the rest. When I had it as a rider on homeowners it covered me only inside my property lines so on the road from one field to another, I wasn't covered but once I got to that field, I was covered again. The strange thing is that after we figured out my place as a farm, it came to a little less than my homeowners plus riders for my tractor and excavator, and I don't even know if my disks, plows, cutters, spreaders, etc. were covered.

/ Tractor Insurance #5  
MHarryE said:
I have a State Farm farm policy that covers me up to 200 miles from home, but you are right on the rest. When I had it as a rider on homeowners it covered me only inside my property lines so on the road from one field to another, I wasn't covered but once I got to that field, I was covered again. The strange thing is that after we figured out my place as a farm, it came to a little less than my homeowners plus riders for my tractor and excavator, and I don't even know if my disks, plows, cutters, spreaders, etc. were covered.

My agent told me the rider covered my tractor while being trailered. Maybe I should check this out.

/ Tractor Insurance #6  
Kubota offers comprehensive coverage at a reasonable cost. You might check into it.

/ Tractor Insurance #7  
Here in MA my vehicle insurance covers it in transit on my trailer; my homeowners covers it, and damage I might do, on my property.

Working on property of another, their homeowners would cover it, and damages, but their company would likely come after MY homeowners for reimbursement.

I looked into policies that would cover me working jobs for friends, neighbors or 'customers', and it was close to $1,000 a year. I'm not planning to operate as a 'business', so I just run with existing coverage, and put my 'odd jobs' money into a maintenance fund.

/ Tractor Insurance #8  
I have my JD 790 covered with State Farm, separate policy. I trailer it 30 miles to the farm regularly. ~~ grnspot

/ Tractor Insurance #9  
I too am going thru this with State Farm. Under the homeowners policy it is only covered on my property - but not for everything, only certain perils are covered. They way the agent talked, if I damaged another vehicle (he was thinking collision - I was envisioning kicking a rock from the rotary cutter), the damage wouldn't be covered.

They will write an "all perils" policy that will cover pretty much everything for $260 a year. This would provide coverage off the property - damage to other vehicles, etc.

Since I will probably road the tractor between my properties at some point...I feel I need the added coverage.

I will be checking out the Kubota insurance for a quote.

/ Tractor Insurance #10  
I also have a rider with State Farm, its $26 a month. I take mine to sons place 3-5 times a year and do our roads in our subdivision (2 miles worth).