Ear Protection

/ Ear Protection #1  

petrops

Tractor
Kubota L35
Hi All

Rleative newbie here and finding that the time on my rig may be causing trouble with my hearing. Is there a generally accepted practice of wearing hearing protection on the tractor? Has anyone else found the noise to affect their hearing?

Thanks

/ Ear Protection #2  
I use Peltor work Tunes. Listen to the radio while it cuts out the tractor noise.

/ Ear Protection #3  
I use the Peltor FM radio muffs most of the time. They cut the noise and allow FM radio listening while working. However, I avoid any type of hearing protection whenever I am transiting on the road. I wouldn't want to not hear someone coming up behind me. However, that being said, I probably don't have much hearing left. Forty-four months in Vietnam, as a portion of 33 years in the Navy listening to large guns has done a good job on the middle frequencies. The plus side is that it allows what the wife refers to as "selective hearing". I only hear what I want to hear. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Recommend hearing protection, however, not while transiting on a road.

Bill

/ Ear Protection #4  
All the time - I use E.A.R. Plugs. Protect your hearing - it's hard (if not impossible) to get it back once it leaves you - an ounce of prevention.....

/ Ear Protection #5  
I never wore hearing protection . . . so now I wear two hearing aids. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Ear Protection #7  
I always use earplugs when using the tractor & the weed-whacker. I use ear muffs when I use a chainsaw. I use both plugs & muffs when I use my brush-cutter. Now that's loud. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Also, I started using plugs while flying, and it's definitely an improvement.

/ Ear Protection #8  
<font color="green">I see that you use the peltor work tunes. How does that cut down the noise vs the friends that talk to you. Can you hear them or do you take the muffs off to talk? I have been looking for something that will cut out the diesel noise and mower, but will let me talk without removing the muffs. I see that peltor has out a new model M2RX7A which has both am/fm and electronic noise reduction. I suppose it is white noise, but I don't know for sure.
I would like to hear some remarks so that I can make a educated choice. </font>

/ Ear Protection #9  
Yup...Peltor Worktunes. Best price can be found at Coastal Tool On-line . If you order through Todd, tell him Pete sent you.

/ Ear Protection #10  
bigpete
I have looked at Coastal Tool On-line and did see that they had the best price. But on your 2210 when mowing does it cut out the engine noise and let you talk to someone without removing the work tunes?