Gas Capless car

/ Gas Capless car #2  
   / Gas Capless car #4  
Neither my truck (09 f150)nor my wife's car (11 Explorer) have gas caps. Great idea. When I go to fill up my hunting truck I always try to stick the gas nozzle in before I remember to remove the gas cap.

/ Gas Capless car #5  
Looks like a good idea when it's new and clean. I want to see what it looks like after 200k and several winters and summers of dust and road salt. I can see a bit of dirt and dust, maybe water? getting into the fuel system. Give me a cap any day.

Sean

/ Gas Capless car
I agree the longevity of it. What happens if it doesnt seal tighly ? And it will make the emisions test fail. It happens now to gas caps , but they are inexpensive Im thinking this replacement part would break the bank. Only time will tell..

/ Gas Capless car #7  
Sounds like a clever way to add $200 to the MSRP for something that really isnt needed.:confused2:

Give me a cap too.

"If it aint broke, Dont fix it"

Probabally a nice idea for those "blondes" out there though:laughing:

/ Gas Capless car #8  
Wow, I never realized that removing, and replacing a gascap was such a chore for so many that it needed to be replaced with something new.

/ Gas Capless car #9  
I have an Expedition for work with about 38k miles. So far it hasn't been a problem.

A co-worker has one that he transports a dog in. His idles a lot to keep the dog cool in the summer. He's always having check engine light issues.

Kind of a neat idea, but really, how hard is it to deal with a gas cap??

/ Gas Capless car #10  
The removal of the gas cap might go along with the EPA fuel containers we all love so much. Perhaps it's a way to help ensure the fuel tank is always sealed.

Our 2011 Ford Escape has one and it was only a "problem" once... I was traveling with some friends and we stopped for gas. I started it filling, then went into the station. The pump clicked off and my friends spent 5 minutes looking for my missing gas cap. :laughing:

-Jeff