Dealer continues to make the difference

/ Dealer continues to make the difference #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
As some of you may remember, I have a little buyer's remorse regarding my decision to get the R4 tires. They are really tearing up my lawn this spring.

I called my dealer about my difficulty removing a blade on my MMM. While on the phone I mentioned that the R4's were tearing up my lawn. He happens to have two sets of turf tires that he is looking to get rid of. he offered to sell them to me "cheap".

I voiced a concern that it may be the weight of the tractor & not the tread that was my problem, and asked if I could try them out before making a decision. He said sure, pick them up tomorrow (Don't have my truck today). In the meantime he is going to figure out what "cheap" is.

Can't emphasize enough the value of "service after the sale" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you are in Northern Mass / Southern NH check them out

Chappel Tractor

/ Dealer continues to make the difference #2  
I can't agree with you more. I won't go into all my individual stories, but my dealer has treated me great as well. It's "service after the sale" which shows the true and honest dealer. I feel lucky to have this relationship with my dealer. If only I could find a Ford truck dealer like this I'd have it made!

/ Dealer continues to make the difference #3  
Exactly... I posted a story in the saftey sub a week ago about an incident i had.. her's the short story:
I needed a rear turf tire on my NAA replaced.. trailered it to the store.. took all day to fix.. after work I ran over to pick it up.. foot slipped off clutch ( dress shoes.. ) ran tractor over front of trailer.. nearly hit my truck.

The tire dealer had just closed but he was still there.. he cam out, and got one of his men to help, eventually we got the tractor back off the trailer, with nothing more than some scratched paint on the tractor bumper, a busted e-clip on the trailer jack handle, and my underware with a hole bitten in them.... Took 45 minutes to do this. After all was said and done, and they were walking away, I fumbled in my pocket for some cash to hand over to the owner and helper and they refused it, saying everyone needed help sometime.

Needless to say... he's got the rest of my tire business when the truck and trailer and whatever need tires... I would have been SOL without his help.

Soundguy

/ Dealer continues to make the difference #4  
I agree, a good dealer in important! My situation is not as good as it could be though. I found a good dealer that does a great job, problem is he is about 65 miles away. That would not be so bad IF I didn't have another Kubota dearler only 15 miles away! But I have tried to deal with him on three different occasions and have been VERY disappointed and anger each time. Too bad for me but I guess it kind of proofs your point of the value of a good dealer.

/ Dealer continues to make the difference #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I found a good dealer that does a great job, problem is he is about 65 miles away. That would not be so bad IF I didn't have another Kubota dearler only 15 miles away! But I have tried to deal with him on three different occasions and have been VERY disappointed and anger each time. )</font>

Just my opinion, but after being disappointed and angered like that, I'd be stubborn enough to make the 65 mile trip. I would also make sure that whatever I bought there would be noticeable on my truck as I passed the closer dealer.

I've gotten to the point in my life where I will not tolerate places like this. So many people forget who the customer is, and that the best advertisement is "word of mouth".

Fortunately, my "great" dealer is the closest tractor dealer which is 28 miles away. After him it would be about 100 miles (for a green dealer anyway).

/ Dealer continues to make the difference #7  
prosperity,
I DO go to the dealer that is farther away! All my dealings with the other where at the start and then just rescently (hoping something had changed). I have yet to buy anything from him, he always manages to "P" me off before it gets that far!

/ Dealer continues to make the difference
Well,

Picked up the tires 10 days ago. Made a world of difference. Dealer quoted me a price $150 below cost! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wife wasn't thrilled. I tried to work out a deal to "buy now, pay later". Dealer looked into NH credit line. Sometimes they have such specials. Current special is buy now, pay in October, but only for purchases >$750. He said, think about it a little longer.

Continued to demo turf tires. Mowed lawn last night. Decided it was worth any domestic unrest that it might cause.

Called Dealer this morning. Told him I want to buy. He asked if I convinced the wife. I said no, but I've got to have the tires. He knocked another $100 off the price! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Should make sleeping in the doghouse a little easier /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Net result, I paid about 1/2 of "full retail". The deal I got on these tires makes up a good portion of how much "extra" I paid for the tractor buying local.

/ Dealer continues to make the difference #9  
Hazmat,

Now you need ( 4 ) new wheels, mount the R-4's, and save them for winter use. If you're going to end up in the doghouse...go all the way !!!!

/ Dealer continues to make the difference #10  
You are right about Chappell Tractor. I just bought a B2710 from them in Milford NH and I was treated very well. They have a very good reputation around here (I only live 10 mins from them).