Finally Some Snow in 2012

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
Here in Connecticut where last year we we well on our way to 7 feet of unmelted snow last year we finally got about 6 inches this morning.

In a few minutes I'll get to try my new Deere X748SE with the 54inch blower.

Can't wait, I'll keep you posted.

Andy

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #2  
enjoy clearing the snow.

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #3  
Yeah I can't remember going this long with out measurable snow.

We only got about 4 inches but it's still coming down.

JB

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #4  
Enjoy the seat time. We received 1.5" here. It dropped on the 2" that dropped yesterday which is covering the glare ice that is covering the wood ashes which is covering a nice solid wood ashes/ice mix which is covering my gravel driveway. My sloped driveway has slopes ;), and I really have to slip and slide my way to the tractor at some point to clear this stuff out. Maybe tomorrow.

BTW: It appears that some of the weather models are starting to predict signs of the weather systems changing to a more snow friendly pattern in early February.

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012
We have about 8 inches and still snowing hard here in North Haven (coastal belt).

The 748 worked great. The only thing that didn't work great was how much of the powerdy snow blew back into my face. Oh well.

Hope you're right about Feb.

Andy

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #6  
Glad you got the chance for trial run before old man winter comes rolling in.

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #7  
Got about 5 here and appears its finishing up. I'm just glad the ground finally froze before the snow fell, could have been a real mess otherwise.

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #8  
Yes! I was missing the white stuff. Ground's finally hard enough I can use the tractor to bring in some wood.

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #9  
Here in Connecticut where last year we we well on our way to 7 feet of unmelted snow last year we finally got about 6 inches this morning.

In a few minutes I'll get to try my new Deere X748SE with the 54inch blower.

Can't wait, I'll keep you posted.

Andy

My son was up for a couple of days from Maryland & headed back yesterday at 11:30 AM. I had to get the blower mounted on the Kubota (nothing like waiting for the last possible second) and clear the driveway so he could get out. We ended up with a lil over 6 inches here.
A normal 5 hour trip took him 10-1/2 hours and a lot of that was in Connecticut.

/ Finally Some Snow in 2012 #10  
Forecast for 1-3 inches in the next 36 hours. Too bad we've had a light mist most of the day. The driveway is like a skating rink. The only way to be safe tomorrow will be to walk *IN* the snow.